Ads Top

"Seriously, Niantic, we need more XP for taking down gyms."


#PokemonGO: Level 25 Instinct player here, in a small town (50,000 residents). Town is ruled by Valor, there are some Mystic players and hardly any Instinct. I don't complain about the inbalance, I knew I chose the least popular team and I'm fine with that. The thing is, it is impossible for me to keep a gym for more than a few hours, since no other Instinct players come to join in when I take one over. The central square's gym is level 8-10 Valor for two weeks now. In the beginning I tried taking their gyms down on my own to keep things interesting, but I have given up, I feel like it's really not worth it. I have to spend more than an hour, tens of health potions and revives (which are a little hard to replace) and I only get 10 coins for that. Next day the gym is level 10 Valor again. Now when I want to collect coins, I just drive to more rural areas nearby to take over gyms. BUT if the XP gains for battling a gym were lets say double what they are now, I would consider spending that time and potions. Right now I can get more XP just by walking around downtown and catching pokemon - and I'll only lose pokeballs this way which are easy to replace. Lets be honest anyway, the battling system isn't that interesting to keep you for the gameplay - just tapping and dodging... So, since most areas are dominated by one or two teams, that leaves a significant amount of players having no real motivation to spend time and resources to take over a gym, leading to gym stagnation. Giving more XP to keep gyms interesting for those of us who won't be able to keep them (and we are a lot) is an obvious and very easy change and can reverse the image of a virtually dead game, wherever gyms are stagnant for weeks. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2eOZIcO
"Seriously, Niantic, we need more XP for taking down gyms." "Seriously, Niantic, we need more XP for taking down gyms." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:48 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.