Ads Top

"Successful (Apparently) Spoofing Report to Niantic"


#PokemonGO: Good outcome, worth recounting here, to cheer up those who feel overwhelmed by spoofers and bots...I live in a small town with few players over level 30, where even the hardcore players rarely possess more than a half dozen dragonites, snorlaxes, and laprases. I have two 2200+ laprases and no dragonites or snorlaxes. I am level 32.A group of spoofers (or more likely a group of accounts played by a single spoofer) have been overrunning my area several times a week, typically coming in a wave and leaving behind level 8-to-10 gyms stacked with assorted 2400+ CP 'mons plus a few maxed or near-maxed dragonites.The day after the spoofed accounts came through town a few weeks ago, my wife and I biked out to a gym in one of our city parks that is closed to motorized vehicle traffic after Nov 1, and we screenshotted all the pokémon, then took a picture of my wife on the bike path, with the sign in the background that our city posted on the barrier obstructing the road entrance - indicating that the road was closed.I then submitted separate reports to Niantic, one for each trainer on the gym, along with a screenshot of each trainer's pokémon and the photo of my wife and the barrier-sign. I really tried to do a good job with this, explaining briefly that it would have been impossible for these accounts all to swarm through town and hit this gym in the time they had. (It's a bit of a walk to the gym.)Two weeks later the spoofed accounts disappeared and have not returned, for now. I can't say for sure whether Niantic acted, or whether the player behind the spoofed accounts simply got bored. But I hope Niantic is behind the change.All I know is that it's actually fun to play here again, for now. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2fHatgS
"Successful (Apparently) Spoofing Report to Niantic" "Successful (Apparently) Spoofing Report to Niantic" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:06 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.