Ads Top

"I enjoy events more than raiding as a feature and hope Niantic ties the two together in the future"


#PokemonGO: title says most of it.I got really used to events the first year and loved them. I'd walk, catch level up. They're wonderful.Then raids hit and have taken up most of the hype and focus. Which is not to say I don't enjoy getting Ttars and filling my dex, that's great. But the whole game has shifted and we all know that.Furthermore, I really hope Niantic knows that even though the birds are still available, that at least in my area (a metro of around 3 million [Minneapolis & st paul]), turnout is bottoming out and it's basically nonexistent save for a few "local hot spots". Even then, I feel like raiding is a gamble. Often times in the last week if I did successfully finish a raid, it was only barely and with the bare minimum required.In the future I really hope Niantic ties new raids in with events like they did with Go-Fest. They don't even have to be as over the top as Go-fest, and probably wouldn't as it's not the 1 year anniversary.One thing I truly believed that would have helped these last couple of weeks of the birds was doubling even just raid candy. I feel like that little bit of incentive would have kept people playing. Instead? I look at FB/Discord/Reddit and find that a few people are looking for help, but the majority of players can not find a reason to raid. Here's hoping that my fiancee and I can find another player or two for a moltres tomorrow. I'm going to try my hardest for her.TL;DR: Niantic should tie new raids with events that help the raiding scene so that after the initial hype the more hard core players/unlucky ones have a chance to catch whatever they're after. Extending the birds was nice, but not providing those who already got them with some incentive to help others, it really didn't matter much for my local scene. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2wI5mZB
"I enjoy events more than raiding as a feature and hope Niantic ties the two together in the future" "I enjoy events more than raiding as a feature and hope Niantic ties the two together in the future" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 14:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.