Ads Top

"Im I alone with my thoughts on raiding? Im starting to dislike them more and more"


#PokemonGO: Im up to a point that I dont really enjoy raiding anymore. The new feel it brought is gone by now and having to find a group of players to do the ''harder'' bosses will get harder now the summer is almost over. I started to think about it and coupled a couple of thoughts together.First of all, raiding almost feels like a must do, otherwise you waste resources. I can luckily ignore this feeling most of the time, however, compared to spinning a stop and catching one 'mon they feel time consuming.The times in which you can raid are too short. If I have to work, I hardly have time to do a raid. I would have to race home, have dinner and hope for a useful raid to pop up. I could do a magicarp raid, sure, but I dont think the time (3 minute timer, 30 seconds battle, 30 seconds catching) is hardly worth the rewards. Let alone travel across half the city to do it.The hassle of gathering enough players, coupled to a dwindeling playerbase after the summer is over will get bigger and bigger.With raids, I realized that cheating is more rampant then I ever knew. Im not faulting players who cheat, thats not my job, but I dislike it and the feeling that Im tainting my efforts by having them in the same raid (I left the app-group I personally set up for raids because someone setup a scanner which everyone is using now).Legendaries dont even feel legendary anymore. Our playergroup in town is big enough to easily take these down. Because of their frequent spawn its almost like finding something semi-rare. In the month of playing I caught more ''legendaries'' then Laprasses and Snorlaxes combined throughout a year.Same Snorlax, Laprasses and Tyrinatars are not rare anymore either. I used to feel some pride for having them. Now I see multi-accounters with level 5-10 accounts having them all.Same bosses over and over for too long already.When I started playing this game, I loved how it made me move around. Now your best course of action is to target the right raids. The game is becoming less and less about moving around. With a raid its not uncommon to stand around for 10 minutes and thats with a raid which is coordinated.Bosses prevent taking down gyms for too long. The problem is that its hard to find a middle ground in this. Make a raid to short and people dont have enough time to gather up friends. But two hours of not being able to take a gym is also meh. There are moments that the whole center of town is filled up with raids, making a big part of the game unplayable.I can give a dozen of reasons more. I like the social aspect of raiding. I met tons and tons of people, which was really cool, until I learned how many of them cheat in one way or the other. With some of them I often end up hitting a bar or something, but I no longer need the raids for that.-Edit-What an overwhelming response. Ill go through all the reactions, but it seems Im not alone. I have no solutions to fix it, since in my opinion it is not really fixable without more (legal)-complications. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2w8Krxv
"Im I alone with my thoughts on raiding? Im starting to dislike them more and more" "Im I alone with my thoughts on raiding? Im starting to dislike them more and more" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:20 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.