Ads Top

"My mum was killed two weeks ago and PokemonGo helped me feel happy again."


#PokemonGO: My mum was killed in a freak accident two weeks ago when a logging truck lost its load and the logs collided with her vehicle head on. Something out of a movie.I received the call from the police and my world had stopped spinning. Buckled over on the floor it hurt to breath. I called my husband to come home from work and kept repeating to my 7 year old "It will be ok. We will be ok. Mommy will be ok." He was heartbroken. He loved his nana so much. I will never forget his face.After getting a visit from the police, and calling/visiting all immediate family, we drove straight over to her house to look after her three small dogs since I was the only sibling close enough with a car. It just made sense. I planned and attended a funeral. I organized her house and her belongings. I found homes for her dogs.A week and a half passed and I started picking up my phone again. First a small comment or messages to family and friends. I was angry at my friends for complaining about stupid shit on Facebook. People kept telling me I look so much like her and she's always going to be there and I just wanted them to stop.And then I opened PokemonGo. The first time I left my mums house. We went for coffee and breakfast. It was so sunny and so beautiful. She always loved nature.I opened up PokemonGo and was surrounded by pokestops and gyms, a small town that serves as a pitstop for travellers in the middle of the mountains. I caught Pokemon I didn't have yet and I took over my first gym!It became routine. Get breakfast, Pokemon, back to organizing. I'd be smiling and joking with my husband and fighting against his team. We walked and we breathed for what felt like the first time. I took my son out for walks to hatch eggs.Two weeks later, and I'm in my own bed in the place where it all started. I can feel it coming in waves and pressing on my heart. Wanting desperately for my husband not to drive half hour to work in the morning. Can't sleep thinking about it.But I know that PokemonGo helped me feel happy again. As long as I can look forward to another day and another healthy distraction, it's one more step to healing. And I will take any help I can get.Thank you for reading... Sorry for the novel. Helped a lot to get it all out.TL:DR - the titleEdit 1: I woke up to such amazing and encouraging words. I don't really know how I can reach out to anyone to start making friends but I'll try.Edit 2: Some are accusing me of lying for karma. I wish. I'd give anything for this not to be true. The story was in the news as one Redditor was able to find it.Edit 3: Fine. Here's the article. http://ift.tt/2bDVFgh via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2bNUsDs
"My mum was killed two weeks ago and PokemonGo helped me feel happy again." "My mum was killed two weeks ago and PokemonGo helped me feel happy again." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.