Ads Top

"How the gym game is changing."


#PokemonGO: So I've been on the dominant team in my area since Level 5. Until recently the greatest threat was always from enemy teams trying to take gyms. However things have now changed, now I find it is allies that are the biggest threat.The problem is more than half of my gyms are now maxed out level 10s. Some of them can't even get prestige below level 9 now without being levelled back up by teammates. And attacks in general are becoming uncommon, even level 4 gyms are now viable to last several days (level 4 is the new level 7 imho).The result of this is a rush to get high CP pokemon in the highest slots. Nothing else matters, since there is now a feeding frenzy on all the high level gyms. And since they are attacked so rarely; getting kicked out of a level 10 gym could mean being locked out for weeks. I heard this also happened in Ingress, and I'm interested to know how long it took. The gym game is definitely reaching the twilight phase; my only regret is not playing the gyms as soon as I hit level 5. I missed out on the phase of the game where every gym had a Rattata, Pidgeot or Golbat on it.EDIT: Some people have interpreted this post as a complaint. It isn't, its simply an assessment of how the gym game has evolved for me. Actually I like the fact that the priorities have changed, its something new to keep things interesting for a little longer. All good things come to an end though, and the gyms are going to reach their endgame eventually; no system will prevent that - I only regret not engaging from the very start to enjoy the full gym game. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2daY4FK
"How the gym game is changing." "How the gym game is changing." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.