Ads Top

"Aerodactyl: My untold story"


#PokemonGO: Let me start my story with thanking The Silph Road community for months of interesting stories, awesome tips & tricks and keeping the fun in the game for me. Then secondly I'd like to apologize in advance as my story might not be as suitable for this community and might actually be better suited for r/Pokemongo (don't worry, it's not a post full of negativity ;)). However, as I've been spending a lot of my free time on reading all your posts, you guys seemed to be the better choice to share my story with and I honestly hope you can appreciate. :)As most of you guys, I started playing back in July. Over the past few months my dex filled up slowly but surely, but there was just this one little shadow that continued to haunt me: Aerodactyl. I'm sure a lot of you guys shared (or still share) that same pain.In September I went on holiday to Sydney. I prepared well for it, as I thought this might be my best chance to catch that little bugger. I asked the nice folks at the Sydney PoGo subreddit where I had the most chance and made sure I got a SIM card with enough data to last the entire holiday. A few days in, there it finally was on my sightings, that beautiful shadow of a big ancient dragon! I sprinted to find it and just as I encountered it... my phone died. I think I never cursed that much in my life ever and I can ensure you I nailed the art of cursing a long time ago. After I calmed down I though to myself "ah well, I have a week left, more chances to come!" And indeed, they came, twice after. However, I caught none as both of them where on private property I simply couldn't reach. Broken hearted I went back home to my lovely country of Heineken, Gouda cheese and Tulips thinking to myself I still would be able to hatch one some day.Months followed and every purple egg managed to break my heart even more once the hatch animation ended. Again, no Aerodactyl time and time again. I couldn't wrap my head around it that I've caught 4 Snorlaxes, 2 Lapras and many more rares, but that stupid blue dinosaur bird just wasn't meant for me. Until today that is...This morning my colleague told me that she hatched a second Aerodactyl this weekend and I have to be honest, I was jealous as a little kid. I picked up my SO later that evening and started to complain about my colleague and her second Aerodactyl and that I should just give up playing. He (as a non PoGo player) laughed at me a little as he has heard the Aerodactyl saga for months now and he thought it was funny I was still obsessing over it.Now here it comes; As I was parking my car I looked at my phone and saw this wonderful, beautiful silhouette in my sightings. I yelled 'OH MY GOD' and some more weird panicky noises came out whilst my SO just had a minor heart attack as he thought something bad must have happened. But no, it wasn't anything bad, it was the best moment of my PoGo adventure so far. At a stop nearby, that's where he was flirting with me. I clicked on it to track it down and drove full speed through the streets (causing my SO another heart attack). As the 'Pokémon fled' announcement came up I experienced a nervous break down, but I continued my journey as a street car racer and there it was, my long awaited Aerodactyl showed up and with shaky hands I managed to catch it with one Ultra Ball. Turned out, it was only 35 CP, so not much of a victory there, but honestly I couldn't care less. I got it and it's mine! What a beautiful day it is!To conclude the story; Thanks for letting me share my story and of course for reading this ridiculously huge wall of text! And for all of you that are still missing dex entry 142; Keep on believing! You're time will come too ;) Furthermore, if you have a cool story of how you caught Aerodactyl or another Pokémon you tracked down for ages, please be my guest to share it in the comments as it will be a cool read!TL;DR after months of blood sweat and tears I managed to catch my first Aerodactyl today and whilst it only has 35 CP I'm still as happy as a little kid that unwrapped her long awaited Christmas present. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jP7J2K
"Aerodactyl: My untold story" "Aerodactyl: My untold story" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:23 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.