Ads Top

"How I stopped a spoofer [Story]"


#PokemonGO: Okay, story time.Every Tuesday I travel to a different town to volunteer. There are five gyms and it's a different biome to where I live, so I usually arrive early to play PoGo.The gyms are usually my team, so I prestige them up, earn coins from them for a few days before I get chucked out. The gyms are always back to my team by the following Tuesday, so the whole process happens again.You can imagine my disappointment when I arrived today, to see that 4/5 gyms were my team level 10 and the 5th was level 9 (around 45,000) and being prestiged up.I took my usual walk around the park to spin stops and catch pokes, but kept an eye on the gym being prestiged. I approached the gym in question on my walk to see if I could spy my teammate, but NO ONE WAS THERE.I looked all around the area, but there wasn't a soul to be seen. The gym is a statue in the middle of an open plan area of the park, so there's no chance that someone could be hiding in a building or behind a tree.My devious mind wondered if I could pull off the biggest heist of my PoGo career, and snipe the final gym space from this spoofer. The gym was about 49,700 at this point, with a Snorlax at the bottom. I hastily just started attacking with whatever Pokémon were suggested and came out once I beat the Snorlax. 49,960.It's over, I thought. But went in again against the Snorlax. To my complete disbelief, I had done it! I was the 'battle winner who had priority'. Barely believing my luck, I shoved in the highest Pokémon I had available, collected my coins and did a little dance!I get an alarming amount of pleasure from playing this game, but NOTHING has compared to how I felt after sniping this spoofer. I said out loud "screw you, spoofer" and walked away with a spring in my step! I thought you guys might be interested in my story and how I've done a tiny part in making a spoofer's life a little less hunky dory. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2q1gzOf
"How I stopped a spoofer [Story]" "How I stopped a spoofer [Story]" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:50 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.