Ads Top

"How many of you don't fit the ''nerdy'' type but have found happiness through pokemon go?"


#PokemonGO: I thought about this after the upvotes I got on the story of how I met my gf through pokemon go. TL:DR on that is I used to be on the basketball team and always hung out with ''the kinds of girls / people in general who hangout with the basketball team (literally the stereotype of boring / fake people)'' but fell in love with a girl while playing PoGo by the water (old dratini nests).I mention this partly because I'm hiding behind a computer screen and wouldn't have the balls to throw some feels out like this IRL, but it seems like the accepted stereotype is to make fun of ''the nerds'' (whatever that means) while rarely acknowledging that many people HIDE their nerdy side to begin with to avoid such poking.So this is basically me. I've always been a ''closet videogame player'' who SPAMMED anime episodes at home. Today I still watch the new Dragon Ball Super series that's mid release now (I watch it with english subtitles) and used to be a platinum ranked player in League of Legends (not very impressive but I don't play 20 games a day so I'll take it haha). I play PoGo daily on the way to and from work and CAN'T WAIT for the next Star Wars movie in december.That girlfriend I mentioned? She's probably the only person in the world that knows any of this except for my parents, 1 or 2 long time friends and now all of you. I've just always been the type to hang out with people who would think that that stuff is stupid and not only has PoGo helped me ''catch'' (har har) the most amazing girlfriend in the world (we do everything together - Pokedates are a legitimate activity and she doesn't think I'm a fn loser for it lollll) but it's also made me realize how much I've missed while thinking I was getting the most out of life when I was younger spamming sports and so on while hiding that nerdy side.Anyone else feel ''set free'' by Pokemon Go and the community it attracted? I'd also love to hear the reverse stories of people who HAVE been in the more ''nerdy'' community (I use the word ''nerdy'' only because I feel as though it's universally understood although often run through the gutter) and have found pokemon go rewarding as an experience. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2pdUVIE
"How many of you don't fit the ''nerdy'' type but have found happiness through pokemon go?" "How many of you don't fit the ''nerdy'' type but have found happiness through pokemon go?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:25 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.