Ads Top

"[observation] This specific avatar clothing combination is likely to cause iPhone crashes"


#PokemonGO: So this is something I finally figured out today and would like to share with the sub.My iPhone 6s would crash(especially viewing your own avatar) 9/10 times if my avatar is wearing this specific clothing combination, or I try to view someone wearing this clothing in gyms. The game would crash instantly if the avatar is in the lowest spot of the gym, or it would crash after I swiped to the avatar with that clothing.I did some tests using my own avatar, and my observation is that it's the "no shoes" and "magikarp hat" combination that triggers the crashes, and it seems that this bug only affects female avatar.I am using a non-jailbreak standard iphone 6s with the latest version of iOS and the app, so maybe it is not just me that experiences this issue. Next time if your game crashes after viewing some gyms or your own avatar, there is a chance that this is the reason! If you encounter the same problem, please let me know I am not the only one. =DI found this bug by whole coincidence:My phone has been pretty good for pokemon game, seldom crashes (except the last scrolling down too fast bug), almost no lags etc.But a month ago, after I clicked on a gym and swiped for 2 avatars, my app suddenly crashed. I was surprised since that never occurred to me before. Restarted the app, tried again, same problem. Tried other gyms, no issues at all. Also had battled that gym several times before. After restarting the app for 10+ times, I finally got a chance to view the gym completely without crashing, I was trying to observe if there is anything special about the gym: there were some players with magikarp hats, but that should not be the problem since other gyms' players had hats too.Confused and curious, my guess was that there was a glitch with that specific gym. The bug disappeared the next day, so I basically forgot the issue.Then last week, the same issue happened again on the same gym. But this time I found that my app was not crashing for the gym, but for one specific player. Even my game luckily did not crash the first time viewing her, it would crash after scrolling back to her. That avatar also looked familiar (reminded me of someone in the first crashing gym) but I am not 100% confident of my memory. After restarting the app several times, I finally got a chance to take a screenshot of the avatar as evidence. Since it is pretty unlikely that player had a magic charm to let everyone stay away from her gym, it has to be something with the avatar clothing, however one trial does not confirm anything.Until yesterday night, my game crashed again for a different gym. Excited I finally got a chance to confirm my guess, I restarted the app several times to see who that player is. And yes it was the same player with exactly the same clothing.So today I changed my avatar to this clothing combination to test. My game instantly crashed after I made the changes. It is not the magikarp hat or the bare feet, but the magikarp hat and bare feet combination that makes the problem. Such crashes never occurred to me before, but now I can't open the game without restarting it 5 times before. Changing back to other clothing combinations fixes the problem instantly.It is unlikely that this is the only clothing combination that triggers crashes; however, after viewing thousands of avatars in gyms, this is the only problematic combination for my phone.tl;dr: after some weird gym bug experiences, I finally found one specific clothing combination [edit: as this image shown and I suspect "magikarp hat + no shoes + female avatar" combination ) ] that causes iPhone 6s [edit: and iPad mini 4] to crash. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2pjWBhd
"[observation] This specific avatar clothing combination is likely to cause iPhone crashes" "[observation] This specific avatar clothing combination is likely to cause iPhone crashes" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.