Ads Top

"Pokémon Phylogeny Project: Part 1: Cnidaria"


[Info] Hello, r/pokemon. One thing that I enjoy as much as Pokémon is zoology! Specificially, I really enjoy discussing different phylogenetic groups and how they relate to each other. So I had a thought; what if I combined these two areas of interest!So I decided to start this project, which relates Pokémon with existing phylogenetic groups. This idea was partially inspired by seeing the tree of life of Pokémon that is posted here quite often. While this tree has many things right, some relations are not presented correctly. I will be using the information I have learned in my university education to create a Pokémon phylogeny that is more correct. For simplicity, I will be tackling the tree in single phylums at a time. I have a strong bias towards metazoans, so that is where I will be starting. I will most likely not include legendaries and ultra beasts to simplify it further. (This is why Nhilego is not included here).To start this project, I'll start at the bottom of the metazoan tree with Cnidaria! http://ift.tt/2qhbq7T there is any interest let me know and I'll continue this! I'm open to all comments and critisisms, as long as it is constructive! via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2qrgx1L
"Pokémon Phylogeny Project: Part 1: Cnidaria" "Pokémon Phylogeny Project: Part 1: Cnidaria" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:55 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.