Ads Top

"[Story] Pokegods blessed us with an Unown spawn during the event!"


#PokemonGO: So to preface the story, a level 40 Instinct player and good friend of mine (I'm Valor) issued out a challenge to who in our city could get the most xp during the event. He's known to grind out xp so he was the favorite going in and I was one of the underdogs trying to put Valor on my back. So a group of us were grinding xp during the event at one of the go to spots in our area where we can lure up 3 stops and hangout. It was close to 1AM so we were all going our separate ways. Get in the truck with my Valor buddy and was checking nearby and sightings for Pokémon from the pidgey, caterpie, and weedle family for xp when I look closely and was like WTF? I show my buddy and yell dude that's a %$&@& Unown! He's frantically trying to get me to tell him where it's at and I deduce it's across the bridge on the other side of the river so we start hauling ass. Without hesitation I call the Instinct friend, who's with 2 other Instinct members, and yell, "GET IN YOUR CAR! THERE'S AN UNOWN!" He can't understand me so I just yell "UNOWN ACROSS THE RIVER!" He starts freaking out asking where so I tell him the poke gym name it's next to and he says got it. I send him the screenshot in the link and we all head that way. We get stuck at a red light, which in the moment feels like an eternity, but finally turns green and we make it to the pokestop within a few minutes. Our hearts are racing as the driver is verifying he's at the correct pokestop. I say "COME ON" as I'm leaving the truck and running into the woods with my phone's flashlight trying to get as close to the pokestop as i could. Freaking out thinking we missed it, THERE IT POPS! We're shaking in shock and nerd happiness, praying it doesn't run from a berry and ultra ball. The ultra ball clicks for the last time and that's it. U.S. pokedex is complete minus the Florida regionals. The other car pulls up and I see them looking at their phones wondering when it's gonna pop. I start yelling go run back there, pointing towards the woods. They all get it and call another buddy (a high lvl Mystic player), and we're all just elated in a surreal gaming moment. We never thought we'd get that opportunity as the only people we had seen with it were known spoofers. It was our best hunt and one of the best moments we'd all had in the game. Everyone there was shaking and in shock. Teams didn't matter, xp didn't matter, nothing else mattered in that moment. We were the only ones in our city who had legitimately found one and we were Team Unown.TL;DR: group of buddies from all different teams caught an Unown and it was magical.Unown lead up and catch via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2oht8Yu
"[Story] Pokegods blessed us with an Unown spawn during the event!" "[Story] Pokegods blessed us with an Unown spawn during the event!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:53 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.