Ads Top

"[Complaint] - I'm getting REALLY fed up..."


#PokemonGO: Let me start by saying I LOVE playing Pokemon GO. It is something I highly enjoy. So much so that I have tried to play past all the bugs, lack of communication, and issues that have played this game since practically launch. I have put up with being cheated out of raids. Even that wasn't enough to stop me from playing at least an hour daily, buying a new phone to have a better experience, and buy 3 GO+ (2 I gave to friends). It has been the topic of most my social media, and entertainment from actually playing, and to watching Youtubers play it as well that share their experience.All that being said, I'm not one to shy away from giving my opinion, even if negative. Unfortunately, that leads me here.I don't have a degree that is relevant to creating an AR, mobile game. However, in my place of work, my co-workers do have said degrees, and they have said it's quite inexcusable for a company that has made a BILLION in revenue to have a game this... sad.This is a big rant, but I will try to offer my personal opinions on how to fix some of these issues. I'm sure many of these have been brought up, but despite loving this game, I'm starting to question if I should quit or not. If I wasn't so close to level 40, I would likely have switched over to Draconius GO, which it seems people have started debating doing so because it appears Elyland looks at all the complaints people have with Pokemon GO and inserts it into their game. I have yet to play it, but I've heard many people state that all the issues with Pokemon GO are FIXED in Draconius GO. Let's begin.1) Rubberbanding health - This one seems relatively new. Yesterday I watched PokeAK, Big Daddy Red, and ProdigiesNation do raid bosses. Each of them had rubberbanding health. What this means is they do a large chunk of damage, but the boss SOMEHOW regains that chunk of health back. The timer doesn't reset, your health doesn't reset, but somehow the raid bosses health does. This has happened to me too when soloing raids, and have failed a Machamp raid because of it when my average time to beat it is about 40-50 seconds, regardless of its moveset.2) Timer starting way late, and ending too early. I've seen this happen a LOT of PokeAK's videos and he's ranted about it too. Granted, I think its more of his phone then the game, but this has happened to me and others on IOS, which is the platform the game was developed for. You are suppose to get 180 seconds to beat the boss. NEVER have I seen 180 or even 179 on the timer. Some people get an entire 10 seconds shaven off their time, and as T3 solo players know, that 10 seconds matters to a lot of bosses. The same thing happens when the "Time's up" screen appears when you have 6 seconds remaining on the timer, and you aren't even allowed to attack for a few seconds before that because you actually beat the boss, but it didn't start "fainting" until after the timer ran out (or didn't run out and it just ended early).3) The dodge bug - This has been in the game since launch, and is the most frustrating bug in the game. Basically you dodge the opponents attack. You get "Dodged" appearing above your Pokemon. About 3 seconds later, you lose all your health and your pokemon faints. Personally, against Mewtwo, I used Tyranitars and it had focus blast. I fainted, despite dodging, ALL OF THE FOCUS BLASTS.4) Taking damage TWICE from ONE charge attack. Sometimes its before the charge attack animation even displays. Well before. You just randomly take the damage. Then it does the charge attack and you take the damage AGAIN. Sometimes you don't even bother dodging, because your Pokemon would faint anyways. But then your new Pokemon comes in with half health after the previous one took all the damage from that charge attack. Going back to rubberbanding health, I've actually had a Pokemon I NEVER USED be fainted and have lost all my Pokemon when only using THREE of them.The simple solution? UPDATE YOUR SERVERS NIANTIC. You have a billion in revenue. I'm aware a lot likely goes to the Pokemon company but still, it's ridiculous how the servers lag so badly in a game that produces so much revenue. Its making it frustrating for players. In Legendary raids I don't even bother paying attention or dodging because I'm going to take the damage anyways. The ridiculous amount of bugs and lag in the combat in this game is pathetic. I didn't even mention how the energy meter rubberbands EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've watched countless videos of people doing solo raids (to study) and see them have the same exact issues, so I know it's not just my phone or personal connection.5) The lack of communication by Niantic. It's pathetic how this company NEVER speaks to its playerbase AT ALL. We had NO idea that raid bosses were being switched out. The only communication we've gotten is a stupid AR contest. We don't know what's coming, or when things are coming, or anything like that. People have to rely on Youtubers for information, and they make some video going "OMG GEN 3!!" getting people hyped up, then we only get 5 Gen 3 Pokemon, and then the Youtubers get trashed because people were expecting more (that is on them though, and the youtubers for hyping things up blindly, but that doesn't excuse Niantic for being terrible at communication).6) EX raids are a scam. Along with the terrible communication, it's no doubt the EX raid system is a complete scam. When it was first announced, people went around and did raids numerous locations in hopes that they'd get an invite. Now that it's not just sponsored gyms, people go around doing any raid they can find. There is a gym in my city that I've done many raids at in the past week. The last I did was a Snorlax with about 14 people on Sunday. ONE person of the 14 was given an EX raid pass. ONE at this gym. Despite having met all the requirements for getting an invite, I don't get one... why? I have done what was asked. I've spent my money on raids I didn't care to do but did it anyways because I want to get a Mewtwo. Yet, I didn't get a pass? 12 other people didn't get one as well? I'm considering going to the raid anyways to see how many people are actually there. The lack of communication and the fact you aren't gauranteed a pass when that gym is selected, and your activity and participation in raids at that gym is sickening. I feel quite cheated about this.I could go on and on about my issues with this game. The fact some of the bugs BENEFIT Niantic (like 2 items per stop rather than the usual 3, that took about 3 weeks to "fix"). The fact we get updates that say "Fixed various bugs" but no one seems to know what bugs were actually fixed. But honestly I could write a book about how this game has terrible bugs and lag that really damage the experience and how it feels to numerous people that Niantic doesn't seem to care. I'm just not going to bother.Please fix these issues Niantic. It is quite frustrating that the gameplay is so hampered by these bugs.PS - you're losing a lot of business because raids didn't swap with DLS. I'm lucky to even use my free pass for the day. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2hYjyED
"[Complaint] - I'm getting REALLY fed up..." "[Complaint] - I'm getting REALLY fed up..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.