Ads Top

"Performance aside? SV are my favorite 3D Pokémon games."


I just beat Scarlet a few minutes ago, and while I still have the post-game to take care of… wow. I really just need to get this out there while I wait for my friends to finish their games too.Yes. The game is flawed. Heavily so. Choppy, glitchy, laggy, and moreso.But it’s genuinely such an amazing time in almost every other aspect. Exploring the region on Koraidon is an exciting time, looking for Pokémon and Black Stakes. The gym leaders all had amazing personality (Larry and Ryme especially are honestly some of my favorite in the series). The teachers in the school all had cute storylines themself, and the main plots? Jesus Christ.Team Star has tied with Plasma and Skull for my favorite team. They aren’t even evil, or even thugs like Skull. The unraveling of finding out that they really are just misguided and scared kids, happy to finally belong somewhere, really made me… actually care about them? And not just in a “oh, I like this team’s themes” way; I cared about each of the leaders individually.Arven’s storyline is tragically beautiful. Starting from such a low, only to reach a high, and then have it crash back down in the conclusion? Somebody needs to hug this poor man. The revelation about Sada/Turo is genuinely disturbing, at least for this series. And the final battle against Sada was chilling in the best way possible. Best ending to a game since Platinum and BW.Nemona is one of my favorite rivals in recent time. The idea of her having to force herself to hold back, for your sake, is such a fun idea that I’m shocked hadn’t been done yet. She’s never angry toward you (which I kept expecting to happen; did anyone else think it would go that route?), but instead she’s THRILLED at the idea of an equal. I. Love. Her.And while some music, like a few overworld tracks and the academy track, grow old, the rival, gym, Star, and ESPECIALLY last hour music of Area Zero and Sada go WAY harder than needed.And the new Pokémon, FUCK, man. Not all top tier, but I love a massive majority of these guys.The game has issues. Big ones. Basic flaws that shouldn’t happen, even. And it should have absolutely been left in the oven for at least another half a year, and yes, they have the budget to go even bigger. But looking past those issues, this is by far my favorite mainline game since Black and White 2. I’m having so much fun, and I’m absolutely going to be finishing this Pokédex. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/EYstV9i
"Performance aside? SV are my favorite 3D Pokémon games." "Performance aside? SV are my favorite 3D Pokémon games." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.