Ads Top

"SUPER late to the party, but by trading I recently started playing without putting much focus onto my Starter, and it's quite liberating"


There are two important things to know about me in this regard. First, I don't trade often because I didn't really have anyone to trade with. My brother and I traded in our GBA SPs for DSs, unknowingly locking ourselves out of Gen 3 trading, and as the years went on hegrew out of regularly playing Pokémon and sold his DS. Add spotty Internet to the mix, and it spelled disaster for me at Sacrifice I was pretty much almost always stuck with the Pokémon I got in-game as they appeared.Second, I'm typically a "your starter is the heart of your team, the unremovable Ace" kinda guy. Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken (yeah, I'm a fire guy), all the way through. How could you ever replace your Starter?But a little while ago, I got the bug to restart my Soulsilver, and with my handy Diamond and older DS laying around, I decided "y'know what? I like Houndoom, I've wanted a Houndour at the start of Johto for so long, that I'm just gonna do it. Just gonna trade an egg over to Soulsilver, and that will be my star." And A Whole New World opened up to me. Like "oh my gosh, is this how people have been enjoying themselves even more in these games?" Cannot recommend it enough; just play with who you like. Just... don't go overboard and make your final team your starting lineup, which does take a bit more magic out of playing. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/LbOEyAJ
"SUPER late to the party, but by trading I recently started playing without putting much focus onto my Starter, and it's quite liberating" "SUPER late to the party, but by trading I recently started playing without putting much focus onto my Starter, and it's quite liberating" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.