Ads Top

"What's the luckiest or unluckiest moment you've experienced?"


We've all had those times where we feel like the game is out to get us and Arceus has forsaken us, and times when it feels like we're bending the rules to our will - but usually these are just little instances that we'll probably forget about until the next time something odd happens.But what about those times when something truly unbelievable occurs and it sticks with you forever? I played Shield not too long ago (started last year and finished it earlier this year), and let me tell you, I have war flashbacks from what I call the 'Eldegoss Incident'.I encountered one on that bridge after you get your bike. I was like, alright, I don't have it in the dex yet, lemme get this quick. But it was not quick, it was quite the opposite. I had no statuses at the time, nor did I have false swipe, so I just had to get it as close to 1hp as I could and send the balls.The eldegoss wiped my entire team because it escaped every single ball I used. It escaped 36 great balls and then 12 pokeballs, all one after another, while fainting my team along the way. Now, I know it wasn't statused, and I couldn't get it to actual 1 hp, but it was around 5% health, it was so tiny you couldn't even see it's health bar.I thought, I have never been unluckier in this game or possibly anywhere else ever before. It started bugging me again recently so I checked the gen 8 catch rate calc, put it the info to the best of my memory, and then solved the chance of the catch rate for the great balls alone, and it was around 1/2 to the 36th power. How unlucky is that? A 1 in 68719476736 chance for those great balls to all consecutively miss. Who cares what the true chance was with the pokeballs included, the great balls alone tell me I was truly not meant to have luck that session.So, what are your happenings that are of similar curse or luck nature? Edit: I'd like to throw in my lucky occurrences as well to cope with my failure. I've got pokerus one time and it was during the only time I was actually into training EVs and I've also caught 2 shinies in my life (shuppet and lechonk) just with casual play. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/nGXPpzV
"What's the luckiest or unluckiest moment you've experienced?" "What's the luckiest or unluckiest moment you've experienced?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.