Ads Top

"DATA REQUEST: Real evidence of unusual spawn points"


#PokemonGO: There have been a lot of claims about pokemon spawns. I've been collecting spawn locations and times. My results are as follows.All spawns:If two people of the same level tap a pokemon on the map, that pokemon will have the same CP (May also be identical HP/size/IV/etc., but I haven't confirmed).EDIT: A pokemon will have the same IVs for everyone. - /u/plague006Higher level trainers have a higher max CP they can find, but won't necessarily get a higher CP pokemon.UNCONFIRMED: I've only seen this once, but it appears that stats are calculated when you tap the pokemon, not when it appears. I was level 19 and my friend was 18. A pokemon spawned, and she leveled up a minute later. When she tapped the pokemon, it was the same CP as mine (and different from another level 18 friend). I will try to confirm this, plus try tapping the pokemon and running, leveling up, and then tapping again to see if CP changes with the new level.Standard spawns:Pokemon spawn in discrete locations, unchanging and markable on a map.Pokemon spawn once an hour at a time specific to each spawn point. One might spawn at 3:32, 4:32, etc. while the one next to it spawns at 3:17, 4:17, etc. Allow for server issues; may show up a minute late.Pokemon despawn after 15 minutes.Lure spawns:A total of 10 pokemon spawn within the pink circle around the lure.One spawns immediately, then one spawns every three minutes thereafter. After the 10th pokemon spawns at 27 minutes, no more pokemon spawn. The lure stops after 30 minutes.Pokemon despawn after 3 minutes, about 5 seconds before the next one spawns. I have yet to determine when the last pokemon despawns, but I'm guessing it's when the lure ends three minutes later. Edit: more data requiredI take screenshots regularly, and can provide photographic evidence upon request. I have not seen any spawns that do not follow this pattern. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I haven't seen any that spawn irregularly, last 30 minutes, spawn every 15/30 minutes, or always spawn the same pokemon. I think these are people mistaking two close spots as one, have confirmation bias, or are flat-out lying.I could be wrong. I'm looking for concrete evidence, with screenshots and/or video, that show these irregular spawn points. To warn you ahead of time, if you make these claims, I expect solid evidence, and may request more if it's unclear.Some things that I want to see:Spawns that last longer than 15 minutes. Possible evidence: screenshots of a pokemon, 25 minutes apart. Preferably both of the map, to confirm identical location, and the capture screen, to confirm identical CP. Preferably multiple times.Spawns that occur more frequently. Possible evidence: If spawning every 30 minutes, take a screenshot every 30 minutes, at least 4 spawns worth. Make sure it's clear that they are spawning in the same spot, and not two close points.A spawn point that ONLY spawns a certain pokemon. Possible evidence: screenshot of the map every hour, showing the same pokemon appear. I expect to be shown at least 3-5 consecutive hours, more preferred.Anything else that disproves my results above.I'll update this post with any findings. Things I don't want: hearsay, conjecture, anecdotes, and claims lacking evidence. Please treat this as a scientific study.EDIT: Yes, there are areas that gave a higher chance of spawning pokemon, so called "nests". That's not what I'm interested in. Only single spawn points that are unusual. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2afBzvQ
"DATA REQUEST: Real evidence of unusual spawn points" "DATA REQUEST: Real evidence of unusual spawn points" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:40 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.