Ads Top

"HATCHING EGGS: Some information I've discovered from trial and error."


#PokemonGO: So there has been a lot of debate about the speed limit for hatching eggs as well as how the app is recording your km traveled. First I'll start with what has been established as true.1.Distance is calculated only in straight lines.2.The server pings your gps every so often and calculates the distance since your last ping (So back to the first point, if you walk a small loop and the server pings you for the second time once you reach your original starting point, you will get zero distance on your eggs.)Now here is some information I have come to find:One. My phone is pinged every 4 minutes. It is quite consistent at the 4 minute mark. I know people have been saying 1-2 minutes, but that is not the case for me. It may vary person to person, I can't be sure, but it is 4 minutes for my phone as well as 2 of my friends phones I tested. If you want to test for youself, open your app, check your distance, walk at least .1km to be sure, and keep opening and closing your window until the distance has changed. Make sure to do that a few times to make sure it's consistent.Two. Speed limit: So this is where I think I might be the most helpful. The general consensus is that the speed limit is between 10-20km/h. What I have found is that there are actually 2 speed limits.The first speed limit: the first speed limit is the actual speed limit. I have found it to be roughly 10km/h. What I mean by "actual" speed limit, is that this is the speed that if you maintained it in a straight line forever, you should continue to accumulate distance on your eggs per each ping, which comes out to somewhere between .6km & .7km per ping every 4 minutes.Now the second speed limit is the fastest you can go while still collecting distance on your eggs. I have found that speed limit to be roughly 25km/h. So I'm going to try to explain what I mean by this as well as I can. Hopefully it's not too poorly explained.I was finding that while on my bike, even though I was traveling less than .6km per 4 minutes, if I went very fast for certain portions of those .6km after making stops to catch Pokemon (trying to get the most from each ping) I wasn't getting all of the distance on my eggs. Sometimes I got zero distance, other times maybe .1 or .2km. When I went at fast speeds in short intervals, it was also messing with the consistency of my pings. It would ping after 6,7, or 8 minutes instead, and then short me the distance traveled.What I believe is that not only is your point to point distance being calculated, but your speed as well somehow. I tested this by driving my car from point A to point B, B being a distance under .6km, and then I waited for the next ping. I got the same results as my bike while going too fast. Delayed ping and only a fraction of the distance calculated. Anything over 25km/h seems to trigger it.One other point to note. There's a post on the front page at the moment about if you start an egg, it will give you all of the distance traveled since the last ping. This is useful if you have empty incubators ready to start new eggs. If you have eggs going and know the time of your last ping, you can time your eggs to start right before the next ping. So if you start a 2km egg, you can essentially start it at around .6km if you time it right.That's all. Hopefully it's helpful for some of you. Feel free to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about if you've discovered something contradictory to my statements. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2a1jO3Z
"HATCHING EGGS: Some information I've discovered from trial and error." "HATCHING EGGS: Some information I've discovered from trial and error." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:51 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.