Ads Top

"Badge-Less Master! My two year struggle to achieve a silly goal!"


BadgelessMaster!Two Years ago my roommate said he believed no one could ever complete the national regional dex without defeating a gym leader. I thought for a moment at that time and I said why the hell couldn't you. It doesn't seem that hard.Little did I know the struggle I was putting myself into. I began the challenge with some simple rules.Cannot trade to myself using another game.No pokebank. No powersaving, or cheating or modifying my game in any way.No other person could help me with any more then 10 pokemon.After completing the DEX, begin 6 Egg RunI have finally completed the ENTIRE national Dex.I started by capturing all the wild pokemon I could, around me. Having done very little research, I began to train them in the areas surrounding the first town in Pokemon X. Realizing that I could not effectively train any pokemon past level 20, I was stumped. I turned to wonder trading. That glorious system of time wasting. I would trade for hours, little realizing the hope of getting what I wanted and needed was beyond me.I spent about a year... struggling with wonder trade. Then I found the Pokemon Global Link website, and my hope was renewed. I could trade pokemiles there for rare candies and other useful items (i was desperate for pokeballs and for evolution items). Instead of slaving away for days or weeks trading for a specific pokemon, or hoping to get a specific item, I could now effectively get it in hours.Life was still no walk in paradise. But then, I turned to reddit. I thought, there has to be a community that does trades, or will help me. A few months ago I found reddit, r/pokemontrades and I was saved. With that communities help, I was able to get the base form of almost all the other pokemon I was missing. After that I trained long and hard to bring them to around level 20, and then force fed rare candies into everyone's mouth.If any user is interested, I can upload more screenshots from my game, including a gif i can make of the actual boxs I have, showing the entire final evolution of every pokemon. Including legendaries that i have collected these past 2 years.Thank you for reading - DEMONUSEdit 1 - got a little more attention then I thought it would. My roommate has the unedited video from early this morning (like 2 am) of me evolving the last pokemon. https://youtu.be/ecJJO08mX4UEdit 2 - Thank you u/MiguelonReddit for pointing out my mistake on which DEX i completed. I have completed the Regional Dex and am close to finishing the National Dex. Sadly I cannot get Dex completions for the National Dex until i complete the game... it does not count them for some reason. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2baqlqJ
"Badge-Less Master! My two year struggle to achieve a silly goal!" "Badge-Less Master! My two year struggle to achieve a silly goal!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 12:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.