Ads Top

"I got threatened and punched while playing Pokémon Go."


#PokemonGO: So let me get this out of the way first. I'm a 16 year old guy with a scrawny build. I'm quite tall though (about 6 foot). I've been playing Pokémon Go since it came out in Ireland and I love it.Here's what happened. So I was walking through my town towards a weak gym (Team Valor) and I decided I would take it down. As I got in range I realised that there was already a group of 3 guys (about 18 or 19 years old) standing against the wall on the path. I asked if they were taking down the gym and one of the guys said that they were. I said that I would leave them to it because I didn't want to snipe the gym off them. Then he asked what Team I was on. I said Team Mystic. He mumbled something to his friends and I continued walking down the path towards an Instinct gym. I was around the corner for like 10 seconds when the same guy who had talked to me before came behind me and told me not to take down the gym I was going towards or else. I didn't head him and kept walking and when I got to the gym I took it down (it was a measly Jigglypuff). After I took it down I heard them shouting and I could hear loud footsteps. I kept on walking even though I was quite nervous. I looked back again and they were running towards me from about 100m away. I started to run away from them but they were too fast. The tallest guy grabbed me and threatened me. The other 2 guys were egging him on and shouting at him to punch me. After a lot more shouting he gave me a box in the stomach and they ran.All this happened just because I took down some douchebag's gym. Be careful when you play Pokemon Go. It isn't always this dangerous but some people are crazy.EDIT : Woah I got on the front page of r/TheSilphRoad :) (I had to scroll down a bit) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2aYWt2G
"I got threatened and punched while playing Pokémon Go." "I got threatened and punched while playing Pokémon Go." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.