Ads Top

"So my buddy and I had an idea to make all our own gyms for a playthrough of Omega Ruby, here's how it went!"


Okay so some backstory may be relevant here, my friend and I have been into pokemon since gen one, and both of us had been talking about how our gym would be if we had one, what it would look like, etc. And an idea came forward, what if both of us made a set of 8 gyms and a pokemon league champion for the other player to challenge? Now, naturally, I couldn't simply make 8 teams to battle his competitive team, that would be suicide on my part, and the same for him. So we decided on this plan: we were going to start a new file on our respective copies of omega ruby and play through them as we normally would, but with a twist. Every time one of us beat an in-game gym, we would then have to beat the other person's created gym which we had stored on our copies of x and y (so when I beat Roxanne, I had to battle my friends first gym which would have similar levels to Roxane's pokemon but was designed to be more of a challenge) and we could not continue on the story until the gym was beaten (even if that meant we had to grind some for the other person's designed gym). We continued on beating in-game gyms and then challenging the other person's created gyms (all of which we had written back stories and descriptions for) and to be honest, this is the most fun I've ever had with a pokemon playthrough and I'd strongly suggest something similar to someone with a friend they would like to do this with, as it was a blast! I'll post an update here in a minute with all of my gyms and my pokemon league champion (which was ash Ketchum, and he used a variety of pokemon from multiple regions he visited). But until then, just wanted to share this experience so that other people may give it a try! Have fun!!!Edit: http://ift.tt/2aJfLXT that is the link to some pictures of all of the gyms (and my champion) that I made.first was my flying type gym, which was rather difficult for my friend to beat, and my ace was a lvl 16 skarmory that knew toxic and protect as well as steel wing and arial ace.second was my psychic type gym where a lvl 18 hypnosis-using lunatone with rock throw and confusion was especially hard to beat.next came my rock type gym (which my friend told me was by far the hardest) and was led by a lvl 21 probopass knowing toxic, rock tomb, protect, rest, and holding a chesto berry.my fourth gym was water type and wasn't too hard but still took my friend two attempts, and it was led by a lvl 31 whiscash that knew magnitude, Aqua tail, rest, snore, and held a chesto berry.My fifth gym was ghost type and was very annoying thanks to a haunter that knew hypnosis, toxic, protect, and shadow ball, a duskull knowing will-o-wisp and confuse ray, and my two hard hitters honedge and golett.My sixth gym was unique in that it didn't follow a particular type, but rather a specific pokemon, namely, eevee, which I had evolved into various eveelutions most of which knowing retaliate and a status move while holding berries that helped them survive a hit from a super effective attack, my ace was vaporeon which was annoying thanks to rest and a chesto berry.For my seventh gym I chose fighting type because they are powerful and can learn a wide variety of moves. The gallade mega evolved, the hawlucha knows sky attack and is holding a power herb, the machamp knows the 3 elemental punches and cross chop for type coverage, and the breloom had the ability poison heal which I took advantage of by giving him a toxic orb. This gym took multiple attempts of my friend to beat as well.My eighth gym was the fairy type, and was by far the most intense battle. It was fought in triple battle format and I threw out my two status pranksters whimiscott and klefki as well as my mawile which mega evolved. The azumarill had the ability huge power which doubles it's attack and set up with belly drum meaning it OHKO'd pretty much everything with STAB Aqua tail and play rough. This gym also took my buddy several attempts to beat.My champion was ash Ketchum, and he used pokemon he had on his adventure from multiple different regions as well as a lvl 100 pikachu. Ash lost the first time but my buddy and I both loved that battle for the ties to the anime with the champ. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2aiNhnn
"So my buddy and I had an idea to make all our own gyms for a playthrough of Omega Ruby, here's how it went!" "So my buddy and I had an idea to make all our own gyms for a playthrough of Omega Ruby, here's how it went!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.