Ads Top

"My challenge [36/40]: Week 1, Ground Zero"


#PokemonGO: As stated in my original thread, I planned on giving weekly updates, so here goes my first update.I planned on getting a jumpstart on my xp gains by giving myself a few days of padding, and have been able to get a massive amount of experience in just a few days. While some guy planned to "beat me to a million xp in one day" (I don't know if he succeeded), I was bagging ~1.4m xp, walking something like 42 miles (I'll be tweeting all my mileage) in just a few days.Not only did I hit level 36 Saturday morning, but I've now got 1.1 million xp into the level by the end of the first day.Declaring the challenge at 6,874,003 xp, I stood 13,125,997 xp away from LV40, meaning in 7 weeks (49 days) I'd need to average 328k per day to hit the level by my goal date, if I hadn't added any xp before Monday.However, given the xp I'm up to now, 8,663,413 as of 4:31am writing this post, at the end of day 1 (so I'm dividing total by 48), I need 11,336,587 and thus need to only average 236k per day.If you can't tell, I went pretty crazy this weekend but not too crazy since the name of this game is sustainability. Pacing myself will be what helps me reach the finish line.I stand to document my xp by the hour as I proceed through this challenge so I can keep as many time-sensitive metrics as possible, for whatever use they might be for future players (this is TSR afterall).Day 1's update can be found hereI'm happy to have an immense amount of support from the community, and I still love it when people like this gift me with their overwhelming votes of confidence.I will never stop promoting this app because it's amazing, so please [download this app](http://ift.tt/1crCfvK) if you walk even a mile playing PGO - they basically sponsor $0.25 to a charity of your choice for every mile you walk, and it only take 10 seconds to open up every time you get going. Every 100 miles is $25 (my mileage goes to charity:water) - super cool.An update on streaming - as it currently stands I have a limited data plan and will only be streaming when I'm about to hit a level up. This means I'll probably have a stream this Friday, and then I'll die shortly after and that'll be it sometime around Thursday (the 22nd).If you're looking to support me otherwise, drop a comment here or place a lure at the atx capitol sometime in the evening. Also, by request I set up a gofundme if you're looking to help fund my efforts.I'm lucky to be part of the Austin, TX community and I'm proud to call this subreddit my current favorite. Keep the talk friendly and the math heavy (and keep austin weird).Speaking of math, does anyone have any questions / general observations given just one day of xp? If you couldn't tell, my goal is to hit 40 much sooner than October 23rd, but let's just keep that between us.That being said, I'm only going to get 3.5 2.5 2 hours of sleep tonight so I'll be checking back in the morning.P.S. Also use charity milesAlso here's a link to a cool app called Charity Miles... and android in case you're lazy via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2cxkMTz
"My challenge [36/40]: Week 1, Ground Zero" "My challenge [36/40]: Week 1, Ground Zero" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.