Ads Top

"My sincerest thank you to the Pokémon and Reddit community!"


#PokemonGO: Dear Reddit Community,I would like to give my sincerest thank you and appreciation to the Pokémon and Reddit community!It’s been less than 48 since I posted my mockup on Reddit “My mockup of the next massive update for Pokémon GO!” and I’ve been overwhelmed with the feedback and support I have received from the community. I appreciate every up vote, comment and share that I received. Especially for those who didn’t like the idea but decided to put their 2 cents in allowed me to reflect on the work that I’ve done. Thanks to the community, my Medium post has seen over a 100K views and all that was due to the community truly embracing what I’ve created so from the bottom of my heart, thank you. This was for you guys!If you haven't see my post, please have a look! Pokémon GO! — Version 2.0 ConceptI’m not a heavy user of the game and actually I haven’t played since September (That’s why I’m only level 22… lol). It was really a summer fad for me but I’ve been a fan of Pokémon as far as I can remember so I still browse around to see what updates are released. My intentions of the mockup was just for me personally, trying to better my craft in product and UI/UX design in which I have a passion for. I am extremely fortunate to have such a positive response from the community but there is something much greater than my mockup. What truly impacted me more was how this simple mobile game was affecting people in personal ways. Personally I’ve been touched with powerful stories I’ve read on social media on how this game has affected them positively. I've heard stories where this has changed their lives for the good and couldn't feel better about themselves. For some individuals, they rely on this game to further their personal goals such as health and wellness. In the simplest form, this game has a larger effect on people in some ways that are unimaginable. The DNA of this game is in the users themselves, they run and orchestrate the entire game. All I ask is to continue to embrace the culture that is already there and understand that there are people in this world that value this game in a different way. That being said if you are like myself and a huge fan, continue to be a fan and love Pokémon!Let's not forget the positive experiences we've had with this game. I truly admire Niantic's vision of merging people and technology together. I myself work for a technology company that is fuelled by a simple equation of technology and people, so understanding how technology adapts and connects to peoples lives is unbelievable. People forget that Pokémon GO this was a major stepping stone for augmented reality. People also forget that this was a free to play Pokémon game. So please do not take Niantic's effort for granted. Like I said in my post, I have tremendous respect for John Hanke and his team for what they have accomplished and I can promise you that they are the most brilliant and intellegent group of individuals continuing to innovate for you so please believe in what they do and continue to support them. Please keep an open mind and allow others to feel accepted enjoy the game Niantic has built for us. For Niantic, fortune is more rewarding when aligned with the people that use it, so I am excited to see the future of Pokémon GO! Let's not forget the wow moment we had when we first launched the app first started playing it. That experience will be back. I promise you.Once again, thank you for your support I hope to hear from you soon! Thank you and with love,AlbertPS, I’ve been sick for a week now and this really made it better. Thank you again for your continued support and please continue to share!...and no Niantic has not approached me yet lol via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2joHr7B
"My sincerest thank you to the Pokémon and Reddit community!" "My sincerest thank you to the Pokémon and Reddit community!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:01 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.