Ads Top

"So, what happened to gyms on Oct 13th that caused the bugged gyms?"


#PokemonGO: We all know of one. Those "bugged" gyms, one in a thousand or so, that you can't attack, crashes the game, and some lucky people are just "stuck" in there every day getting their coins. I've only encountered one myself, but know of people seeing others. And I've always assumed it was some obscure, weird combination of events that obviously Niantic couldn't pin down, otherwise they would fix it, right? RIGHT?Well, I've been running a gym info only scan of Pokemon-GoMap for a week now, and the data engineer in me started doing some queries. There was a field on the "basic" gym table called "last_scanned" (obv), but another called "last_modified". And as far as I could see, that was a direct piece of info from the game. Some field testing later, I confirm that this date/time is the last time ANYTHING changed in the gym .. Pokemon added, prestige up/down, team claiming empty gym, etc. Next, I wanted to know what gyms have been untouched for a while ... something in the mountains behind some snow or something, right?Wrong. Turned out that in my scanning range there were three gyms that have not been touched, in any capacity that the game acknowledges, since OCTOBER 13TH. Put the info out to my team ... and right away, one comes back "well I know one of them, it's bugged." The next oldest gym on the list was early December, so someone goes there .. it's attackable, the date in my data changes, just was long standing. But as I find out, ALL the gyms with the Oct 13th date are bugged ... and when I asked around the chat rooms of the dev community, it looks like all bugged gyms are Oct 13th, too.To me, this screams "Niantic screwed up a code push, sent a fix out later that day, didn't say a damn word to anyone about it." Wasn't October around the time that the "eggs in a gym" thing happened? They never admit when they screw something up, but doesn't this strike folks as a little crazy that they appear to know what they did to the code to bug the gyms, but haven't bothered to FIND the bugged gyms and fix them? I realize I have a small sample size, but I may have found this out as one, not that smart guy with small data and an hour to kill.Am I really the only person so far who has made this observation? Do we as a community have any insight into what may have happened that day? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2iXXyYY
"So, what happened to gyms on Oct 13th that caused the bugged gyms?" "So, what happened to gyms on Oct 13th that caused the bugged gyms?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:49 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.