Ads Top

"Some positive light on Twister Gyarados as a defender (and other lesser movesets)"


#PokemonGO: Whenever a Pokemon with a "poor moveset" comes up to the plate when I fight gyms, I always have a chuckle, "Bahaha, a MUDSLAP Poliwrath, I was almost worried" "Hehe, a TWISTER Gyarados pfffttttt" Then I got to thinking, how much worse can it be?When I fight a Pokemon with a weak quick move, I rarely dodge it (aside from the first 2 attacks). In the case of Gyarados, I almost always let its Twister wash over me once I've identified it. Hardly does any damage, so why should I threat?Using Pokebattler.com I've determined that a Twister Gyarados will deal significantly more damage to a Pokemon if it goes un-dodged compared to a Dragon Pulse or Hydropump Gyarados that has its charge moves dodged. (If Twister is dodged, it will deal significantly less damage).What does this mean for Twister Gyarados as a gym defender? Well, if anyone is half as lazy as I am and continues to underestimate its damage, it means Twister Gyarados is potentially better than all other iterations of Gyarados.What does this mean for other Pokemon with "poor" movesets that warrant non-dodging? Idk, use Pokebattler.com and determine that for yourself.What does this mean for attacking gyms? Well, perhaps I/we should be dodging twister rather than eating it, among other things.Data:I used a level 30 Jolteon with Thunder against all three iterations of Gyarados at level 30. For the identified values: Dodge Special DP/HP come to 42/48 damage where Dodge None Twister comes to 65. One interesting thing to note is Dodge None Twister and Dodge None Dragon Pulse come out to similar damage (65/62) in this artificial and controlled test battle, for what that's worth.Final Note:Gyarados was the inspiration for this exploration so I focused on him for the light research and example. People are always complaining about getting TWISTER, so I figured this could give some comfort to people with their 90%+ Twister Gyaras.I don't think Gyarados is a top dog defender, but there's a lot to be said for having high CP in this game. With having a double weakness and mostly non-STAB move sets, Gyara cleans up well enough anyways. Long days and pleasant nights, travelers! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2iVdqi3
"Some positive light on Twister Gyarados as a defender (and other lesser movesets)" "Some positive light on Twister Gyarados as a defender (and other lesser movesets)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:37 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.