Ads Top

"Testing eggs and specific PokéStops: RNG or something else?"


#PokemonGO: Disclaimer/Background:I'm not about to declare if it's pure RNG or not, but for those interested in what I'm doing, I'm trying see if certain PokéStops will influence certain species of Pokémon, not necessarily the type of egg.What I hypothesized:I'm in the "not RNG" boat. That's just what I believe in at the moment, having hatched over 1,200 eggs and over 200 10km eggs lifetime. The fact I only hatched a single Lapras and no Dratini out of those 200+ 10km eggs, I thought, you know what, there's bad luck and then there's something weird going on. I wasn't about to roll over to bad luck just yet.So my guess is that individual PokéStops roll from a fixed pool of Pokémon. Might be, might not be the case, but I wanted to test it out anyway.What I did:Step 1: Flushed the egg inventory, so starting with 0/9 eggs.Step 2: Picked a PokéStop and sat there spinning it every five minutes until back to 9/9 eggs. Yes, this was extremely painful.Step 3: Hatched only these eggs. No more, no less.Step 4: Logged the hatchling results.The PokéStop:I picked the Sony Wonder Technology Lab in NYC because I "swore"(lol) I obtained a 10km egg here that ended up hatching into a Snorlax. So I figured, hey, another Snorlax from here wouldn't be that bad.Preliminary Results:Across three accounts (I'm still seeking more volunteers from fellow NYers because sample size), here are the preliminary numbers. Again, for this single PokéStop. Total Pokémon hatched so far and total collected eggs don't match up because there are some eggs still incubating.Egg TypeTotal CollectedPokémon Hatched(so far)2km11Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow, Geodude, Cleffa5km322x Ekans, Nidoran♀, Oddish, Paras, 2x Diglett, Growlithe, 2x Poliwag, Abra, Machop, Tentacool, Ponyta, Slowpoke, Seel, Voltorb, 3x Staryu, Pichu10km6Chansey, 2x Lapras, Snorlax, MagbyYep. Within 24 hours, I went from one Lapras hatched lifetime to three. Again, out of 200+ 10km eggs hatched lifetime. And I did get another Snorlax that I originally "expected" to get.It could be RNG... it could always be RNG. But two Lapras hatches from the same PokéStop after going over four months without hatching a single one?Still hatching. There's another 10km egg incubating, but that'll hatch tomorrow... maybe.I would love it if more people were on board to try this out for themselves. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jj4IXA
"Testing eggs and specific PokéStops: RNG or something else?" "Testing eggs and specific PokéStops: RNG or something else?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:01 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.