Ads Top

"[Theory] You should be using defenders with bad movesets"


#PokemonGO: Here's why:Enemy trainers won't give up on a gym just because your pokemon has a strong moveset (which they don't discover anyways until entering a battle). They WILL, however, avoid gyms with lots of pokemon, so make prestiging easier by placing high cp, traditional defenders with bad movesets. This strategy will actually make your pokemon last longer in gyms (it has for me). Here's a wall of text:There's a lot of gym turnover in my town so I end up taking gyms, placing one of my defenders, and prestiging up to encourage fellow Instinct trainers to drop a mon in (it's so hecking cold here that some people (wimps) won't spend the time to prestige, so I do it for them. I have two dragonite around 3100 cp, one with DB/DP and one with SW/HB, and I had an enlightening moment while prestiging against my Steel Wing Dragonite in a newly conquered gym.Here's my theory: If somebody wants to take down your gym, they're gonna do it. They don't care what moveset your defender has. Especially in my area, most gyms don't get much higher than 20k prestige because of the diversity in teams and high turnover. So, gyms are very easy to take down quickly, meaning that a Steel Wing Dragonite is really just a slight annoyance--nobody is going to flee the battle and give up when they see it.So, as a mediocre dodger with a mediocre prestiging army, I find placing high cp defenders with bad movesets to be the most time efficient way for me to farm coins. Until dueling is introduced this philosophy has ruined the whole novelty of combat for me because I'm actually seeking "bad" pokemon.TL;DR: Place defenders with bad movesets into gyms to make it easier to prestige. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2iUbynx
"[Theory] You should be using defenders with bad movesets" "[Theory] You should be using defenders with bad movesets" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.