Ads Top

"Coming Out @ Lvl 38 -> 3,175 eggs hatched"


#PokemonGO: Hi there fellow pogo madhats! Greetings from Singapore! I say madhats, because of late, i've been reflecting on my pogo addiction and I’ve come to the conclusion that I must’ve gone mad in the past few months, and so have all of you! ☺ That said, happy to e-meet all of you! I’ve read a lot of your posts and learned a lot off the back of your collective experiences, so before I go any further, thank you! Since this is my coming out post per se (I only have one prior post on TSR) and have mostly kept my pogo playing addiction hush hush, I figure I’ll just share with you a little background about how I fell into this addiction. I’m 35, and prior to pogo, had not known anything else about the world of pokemon besides Pikachu. In fact, besides for a short period in my youth when I visited arcades to play Daytona, I don’t have a history of playing any sort of computer game. So when my younger colleagues raved about the game when it first launched in our country, I did the haughty thing and gave them a sneer with my eyebrows, but they playfully asked to have a look at my phone over lunch and quickly downloaded the app on my behalf, saying I had to try it out! (Well, we work in design and advertising, so keeping abreast of new mobile tech like augmented reality could be useful they said). I remember thinking to myself that walking around catching cartoon characters doesn’t seem very cool, but sure, I’ll try it out. I selected Charmander for my starter, caught a few birds and rats and turned it off. That same night however, I arrived early for a soccer game, and with time to kill, turned on the app and saw several shadow silhouettes in the sightings. Having changed into my soccer gear, I was game for abit of walking and started wandering haphazardly. Lo and behold, after 10 mins or so of aimless wandering alongside the nearby canal, a cute little purpley dragon-snake thing appeared on my screen. I wouldn’t say I was hooked, but it definitely piqued my interest. Now, because I didn't think I was gonna be playing the game bar a ten-min try-out, I had registered my PTC account using a randomly jambed name and password. This would later return to haunt me, because a fortnight or so down the road when I was lvl 18, the app failed to auto-login and I was prompted for my user details… cue minor anxiety attack- what was my password??!! I tried everything, waited past the auto time-outs for a wrong password and kept at it for eons. Emailed Niantic for help, but received no help over the next two days besides for scripted emails directing me to an FAQ list. Grr... I hadn’t really consciously wanted to “play” pokemon go up until this point. But now that I was locked out, I was having withdrawal symptoms. And the more I couldn’t enter the game, the more I was like, “I’ve gotta catch some pokemon!”. Aarrgh. After a few days of withdrawal, I decided to start afresh (my colleagues had since educated me in Pokemon lore, sent me youtube episodes of the anime, taught me bout movesets and IVs, etc) so I could benefit from doing things right the 2nd time round. My wife, being rather amazed by my degree of annoyance at being locked-out, said that if I restarted, she could play too since we’d be starting at the same time. So that’s what we did. Because I was starting afresh though, and I wanted to catch up with my colleagues who were by then lvl 25+, I had to really ramp up my efforts. The thing is, “turbo” catch-up mode was easy to activate– check out where the nests and high volume spawns are, then go hunting. But there wasn't a clear “slow-down” switch in my brain, so after turning on the “turbo” mode to catch up, i didn't really slow-down until recently, when i got bored with the lack of progress in the game…. Anyhows, five months later, I’m now Lvl 38 with a pokedex indicative of perhaps mild OCD, but also definitely, a severe case of pokemon completionist-syndrome. Well, that’s my pokemon go backstory. sorry for the long ramble, but it felt cathartic to share how I came to be hooked on the game. Now, on to the little bit of personal research I wanted to share…. Having learned that hatchlings yield the best IVs, when I restarted, I decided to loosen my itunes wallet and walk my way to a perfect pokedex. (I feel way more invested in my hatchlings as compared to wild captures because I was never much of a walker before pogo, so any significant walking i do is an effort I make to hatch my pokemon, and I feel like I paid sweat to hatch them)But, after my first 1,200 eggs, I had still not hatched a lapras, whilst my wife had hatched 6 from half the number of eggs. It was making me hop to put it mildly, but I understand the cruel mistress that RNGesus can be so I persevered, but hereforth, i figured i'd monitor the locations from which I took all my subsequent 10km eggs.   This is the list: Part 1: From my first 1,000 eggs (10 Oct 2016), I had hatched 92 x 10kms, which yielded: 7 x Aerodactyls2 x Chanseys12 x Dratinis26 x Eevees3 x Electabuzzes4 x Hitmonchans3 x Hitmonlees7 x Jynxes2 x Kabutoes5 x Magmars4 x Omanyte4 x Onixes3 x Pinsirs2 x Snorlaxes8 x Scythers   Part 2: Thereafter, I hatched another 144 x 10kms eggs(from eggs 1,001 to 3,157 as of today, the 3rd of Feb, 2017): Yuan Ching Vet - PinsirOffice Shell station - ScytherHome playground - ChanseyMarina Bay Sands - EeveeCivil service college - MagmarMarina Bay Sands - Lapras!Swimming pool - ChanseyMBS underground elevator - ScytherHV gym on the slope - chanseyBuona Vista AYE entrance - AerodactylSingapore Poly Traffic Light - AerodactylMalaysia KL - PinsirMalaysia KL - SnorlaxMalaysia KL - ChanseyFort Canning Carpark - LaprasMarina Bay Sands - LaprasBugis Rd from Dominie - KabutoFort Canning Carpark - HitmonleeMarina Bay Sands - EeveePralet - AerodactylMarina Bay Sands (escalator) - EeveeMarina Bay Sands (England) - ElectabuzzMarina Bay Sands (cp slope) - JynxHome playground - HitmonleeAYE post Clementi Ave 6 - KabutoTeban Gardens / Penjuru Rd - OnixWest Coast circle near Henry - HitmonleeBeach Road pokestop - OnixCivil Service College - JynxMy Buona Vista Pokestop - HitmonleeChangi Airport - SnorlaxDotonburi Church End - OnixMariott Hotel - ElectabuzzOsaka Airport Gate 41 - OnixBartley Rd near PUB Club - OnixSt Regis Hotel - OmanyteKatong shopping center - ScytherHome Fitness Park - ScytherBukit Timah Plaza - ElectabuzzBukit Timah Plaza - HitmonleeGhim Moh CC - HitmonchanYWCA Outram Road - OnixMarina Bay Sands (escalator) - OnixBuona Vista Swimming Pool - JynxVivo City - AerodactylHolland V Gym - AerodactylHolland V Fitness Corner - KabutoMy Buona Vista Pokestop - MagmarOpposite Outram Office - MagmarWangz Hotel - ScytherAlexandra Road Carwash - ElectabuzzUnited Square Waterfall - JynxOpposite Wangz Hotel Outram - Lapras!!!Fong Seng Prata Pokestop - HitmonchanWest Coast carpark - HitmonleeLiang Court Onigiri Girl - PinsirZion Road opposite Shell St. - ScytherGanges Ave - KabutoEng Hoon Street - MagmarWest Coast Park Pokestop - PinsirBuona Vista Swimming Pool - MagmarBuona Vista Swimming Pool - OmanyteHolland V Food Center - JynxKaki Bukit towards ISOTEAM - Kabuto   Post-Update for Baby Pokémon Star Vista - Lapras!National University of SG - DratiniNational University of SG - OnixGanges Ave - MagbyWangz Hotel - ElekidBird Corner Tiong Bahru - MagbyBuona Vista Corner - OnixLorong Chuan - ScytherHolland V - ElekidBuona Vista Swimming Pool - ChanseyBiopolis Traffic Junction - ElekidBuona Vista Swimming Pool - MagbyCivil Service College - SnorlaxHans Holland V - ElekidBuona Vista Community Club - SmoochumYuan Ching Vet - ScytherCivil Service College - ElekidHans Holland V - OmanyteBuona Vista Swimming Pool - PinsirBuona Vista Swimming Pool - KabutoClementi Mall MRT - SmoochumBuona Vista Swimming Pool - SnorlaxHolland V Fitness Corner - MagbyHans Holland V - MagbySingapore General Hospital - ElekidArab Street - KabutoHaji Lane - Onix Substation Tunnel - SmoochumHolland V Food Center - MagbyCivil Service College - MagbyYWCA Outram Road - PinsirBulbs Vista Gym - ScytherBoys Brigade Ganges Ave - MagbyHolland V Rubbish Statue - AerodactylHolland V Fitness Corner - PinsirWestgate - ScytherHolland V Fitness Corner - ScytherBuona Vista Swimming Pool - MagbyWestgate Entrance - ScytherBuona Vista Swimming Pool - MagbyBuona Vista Swimming Pool - SmoochumHolland V Fitness Corner - DratiniHolland V Fitness Corner - OmanyteCivil Service College - ElekidHolland Village MRT Mural - LaprasCivil Service College - OmanyteBuona Vista Swimming Pool - ScytherBuona Vista Swimming Pool - SnorlaxVivocity - LaprasWangz Hotel - MagbyBuona Vista Swimming Pool - OnixHolland Drive Clock Tower - KabutoBuona Vista Swimming Pool - OmanyteHolland V Fitness Corner - HitmonleeMy Buona Vista Pokestop - MagbyBuona Vista Old Folks Club - KabutoStirling Rd Abraham Maslow - HitmonleeBuona Vista Swimming Pool - LaprasBuona Vista Swimming Pool - ScytherCivil Service College - OnixBuona Vista Swimming Pool - HitmonleeCivil Service College - SnorlaxBuona Vista Swimming Pool - SnorlaxTong Bahru Heritage Trail - DratiniBuona Vista Old Folks Club - ScytherCivil Service College - OmanyteCivil Service College - SmoochumRoss Serra Sculpture (Wangz) - ElekidMy Buona Vista Pokestop - ScytherBuona Vista Old Folks Club - SmoochumBuona Vista Community Club - ChanseyCivil Service College - AerodactylBuona Vista Old Folks Club - SnorlaxCivil Service College - HitmonleeHolland V Fitness Corner - PinsirBuona Vista Swimming Pool - KabutoBlack Sheep Mural (Simon's H) - DratiniFarrer Gardens - ScytherYWCA Outram Road - PinsirFlying Kites Mural (Clementi) - Aerodactyl These subsequent 144 x 10km eggs hatched: 8 x Aerodactyls6 x Chanseys4 x Dratinis3 x Eevees4 x Electabuzzes8 x Elekids2 x Hitmonchans10 x Hitmonlees5 x Jynxes10 x Kabutoes8 x Lapras12 x Magbies5 x Magmars7 x Omanyte12 x Onixes9 x Pinsirs6 x Smoochum8 x Snorlaxes17 x Scythers  Total: Combined breakdown for 236 x 10km eggs, over a total of 3,157 eggs hatched: 15 x Aerodactyls8 x Chanseys16 x Dratinis29 x Eevees7 x Electabuzzes8 x Elekids6 x Hitmonchans13 x Hitmonlees12 x Jynxes12 x Kabutoes8 x Lapras12 x Magbies10 x Magmars11 x Omanyte16 x Onixes12 x Pinsirs6 x Smoochum10 x Snorlaxes25 x Scythers   My Butt-Dyno Observations: Pokestop Locations do not determine the pokemons you are given via eggs. In the initial few months, there were alot of anecdotal reports of trainers hatching Lapras from eggs collected at Marina Bay Sands (a famous pokemon hotspot locally, with a biome that spawns electric and ice types), so my wife and I kept visiting the area in my pursuit of a Lapras hatchling and true enough, I got my first Lapras from an egg collected there. But the connection is probably spurious and likely an instance of confirmation bias, because, due to the frequency I visited the location, a lot of my 10km eggs were collected there, which correspondingly increased the chances of my hatching a lapras from an egg there. Since then, I’ve not visited MBS in over 3 months but I’ve hatched several more Lapras, so at least for the super rares like Snorlax and Lapras, I feel that the chances of obtaining an egg for them is evenly distributed throughout all locations. I mean, my home area is a venonat, pidgey and rattata monstrosity, with eevees being the only nice common spawn, and a Lapras has never spawned in the area, so having hatched a few Lapras from eggs collected near my place makes me think that it's less location based and more RNG. In any case, I wouldn’t have thought or discovered this if I didn't go off the boil in the past few months, stop visiting hotspots and only play on my daily commutes to and from work. Do pokestops at current nest sites drop higher rates of the nesting pokemon? I used to think that eggs collected from nest sites yielded more of the pokemon that was nesting in that area, eg. hatching charmanders from 2km eggs taken from a charmander nest. This seemed particularly pronounced for me in the case of Abra, because after evolving 6 alakazams, I still didn’t have one with Psycho Cut/Psychic, and in a bid to finally get one, I went hunting for several nights in a row at an Abra nest nearby and I hatched quite a number of Abras during that period. Maybe its all just RNG? But of late, I’m more inclined to think that it’s just plain RNG, and a sequentially programmed RNG maybe? It seems that, due to the number of eggs I collect and hatch daily, I keep hatching duplicate pokemons. 2 or 3 in a row, and it doesn't matter whether it's a crappy hatch like goldeen, or a good hatch like growlithe, they often come in batches. I might not hatch a diglett in a month, but when I hatch one, a couple more tend to follow shortly after. So I suspect, on top of their independent hatch rates, that RNGesus on the hosting side is probably programmed to give out eggs of a certain species by turn… eg. next 500 x 5km eggs worldwide are Goldeen, next 50 x 2km eggs are charmander, next 10 x 10km eggs are Snorlax, etc. What do you think? Is that potentially plausible? Anyhows, that has been a long post. My apologies for the longwindedness, but it just flowed out of me like an open tap! Lol. Cheerios! and Happy Hunting!ian via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2k2Fb5J
"Coming Out @ Lvl 38 -> 3,175 eggs hatched" "Coming Out @ Lvl 38 -> 3,175 eggs hatched" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:10 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.