Ads Top

"Where is Totodile? It doesn't seem to spawn in water biomes here..."


#PokemonGO: tl;dr: in my town, not a single water Pokémon is rare, but I have yet to find my first Totodile. Where DOES it spawn?Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster. I live in a town (Delft, the Netherlands, ~100k inhabitants) that literally has water EVERYWHERE. We have a lot of canals in the inner city, meaning every street is basically adjacent to water. My house is literally built on water.Even very casual players will be able to obtain all water Pokémon relatively quickly here. My girlfriend really only plays at home, and even she has almost all of them by now.So when Gen II came out, I was sure I would be able to obtain a Feraligatr relatively quickly. Blastoise was by far the first of the starters' final evolution that I was able to obtain, and Squirtle is far from rare here. I was sure the same thing would be the case for Totodile.But now, more than a month after the release of Gen II, I have obtained 75/90 Gen II available here in Northern Europe. I have obtained Meganium and Typhlosion by fanatically milking the available nests (with special thanks to Pinap Berries) weeks ago. However, still haven't even seen ONE Totodile...So when the announcement came that there would be a Water event, even specifically mentioning Totodile, I was very exited. I was already daydreaming about being able to obtain a Feraligatr this week. But so far, this event has only given me even more Chinchou, Marill, Wooper etc... And of course Magikarp, which was already the Pokémon that I caught by far the most often. It seems like the event makes all water pokemon like 2x more common. But 2x0 = 0, so this still gives 0 Totodiles it seems...So my question really is: where DOES Totodile spawn. How come it is the only single water Pokémon that is not common in a town that has water everywhere? I know there is a topic summing up all biomes (/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/60603c/biome_introduction_list_of_all_identified_biomes), that also mentions a Totodile (or "Swamp") biome. But I would think that in a town where water is everywhere, there would at least be one or two swamp biomes somewhere, right?Do you guys have the same experiences with Totodile? Does anybody have some tips where I might be able to find them? I am curious to hear your stories!EDIT: Thanks everybody for the replies. It does seem that you either get Squirtle or Totodile, depending on your biome, and apparently I am unlucky enough to get the former rather than the latter. However, a lot of people living near the sea have reported seeing plenty Totodiles, so I went to the beach today myself (for my fellow Dutchies: Kijkduin. Thanks varunadi and Dozo1971 for the tip! (: ) and found quite a lot there. I encountered 9 (caught 8) in approximately 2 hours, so now about halfway up to a Feraligatr, definitely worth the trip.However, I wouldn't call Kijkduin a Water Biome, as other water Pokémon were quite uncommon, much more so than in my hometown Delft. I only saw some Magikarp, Wooper, Mantine and Squirtle (conflicting with other reports saying you either get Squirtle or Totodile...), and for example not a single Chinchou or Marill. However, there are also reports of people living near the coast that don't get any Totodiles at all, so the sea doesn't seem to guarantee these Crocs. But if you're desperate and it is not too long a trip, I would suggest trying this.Other reports state that Grass(/Water) Biomes also spawn quite a lot of Totodiles. I haven't been able to verify this first hand yet, but if more people can verify this, it would be much appreciated.Thanks everybody for helping out! Now I finally got that elusive little crocodile on my Pokédex :D via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2nBgC4w
"Where is Totodile? It doesn't seem to spawn in water biomes here..." "Where is Totodile? It doesn't seem to spawn in water biomes here..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.