Ads Top

"Airports and regional spawns (Farfetch'd in particular)"


#PokemonGO: So I am starting my big 2+ week trip to HK and Japan in the hopes of snagging a Farfetch'd. I heard the many stories of disappointed travelers coming home empty-handed. I am aware of its super low spawn rate since Gen 2. I stockpiled incense and lures and researched about hotspots and trackers. But I have only been in Japan for a few hours and already I have encountered three Farfetch'd.The first I encountered just minutes after stepping off the plane at Haneda airport, at 12:56pm. I was walking to immigration when I saw it appear on Sightings, and then, right in front of me. I gleefully captured it, and added the poke to my Pokedex. So naturally, I was thrilled. Who knows when I would ever see another leek duck again? Turns out, about three hours.My second encounter was at Narita airport at 3:52pm. I was about to go through immigration when it popped up. As you can see in the picture, I was using my plus. And.....as I was hurrying along, I accidentally plussed the Farfetch'd and..... It ran. I felt bitter, and stupid. But not as bitter if I hadn't encountered that first Farfetch'd. Well, I guess I will have to wait God knows how long to find another.Well, in fact, it was about only 10 minutes later when I saw another in Sightings. I scrambled all over the terminal looking for it (no Nearby here in Japan), and it was frustratingly elusive. I knew it was going to despawn soon but finally, at 4:25pm, I went into the encounter screen, and caught it. So now I have two Farfetch'd, could have had three if not for my error, just hours here in Japan, where supposedly it is super rare.So. I'm curious how the spawn rate differs at airports compared to other places. Anyone has any hard data? It would make sense if Niantic would've specifically increased the prevalence of regionals in airports where players traveling to get them would most likely be. Or was this a biome issue mainly, as the airport very strongly Electric Magnemite/Voltorb?Note: This post was originally written six hours ago but was caught in the spam filter via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2p1GLqI
"Airports and regional spawns (Farfetch'd in particular)" "Airports and regional spawns (Farfetch'd in particular)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:53 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.