Ads Top

"So I gave my 7 yr old nephew my phone as a level 36... was not disappointed"


#PokemonGO: A little background: I've been playing since July 10 and prior to that, I've never played any pokemon games. My nephew had never even heard of pokemon until today. We are on vacation in Florida. I live in Minnesota. He lives in Denver. I see him maybe 5 times a year and the fact that I'm 31 and he is 7 makes it harder to bond.We were out at a restaurant and I lured up a stop and gave him some incense. For 45 minutes, he caught 25 different pokemon and evolved half of them!Did if give me a little anxiety about the possibility of him evolving that 36% IV magikarp? Absolutely!He didn't, but he learned a little about our neighborhood and we had a good bonding experience. Was it the best use of my candies or ultraballs? No. Absolutely not. Did I maximize my XP to get me slightly closer to 37? No. Did I find a way to connect with my 7 year old nephew that I had previously assumed would be relegated to playing legos? Yes.I frickin' love this game. It was so cool for him to look at the "nearby" map and say "I know that stop sign! Let's go!" or "Is that bird over there? I can't see it anywhere!". This isn't just a videogame. Its an opportunity for all of us to better connect with our friends, families, and communities.Now if only I could find a heracross... via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2oM7rfc
"So I gave my 7 yr old nephew my phone as a level 36... was not disappointed" "So I gave my 7 yr old nephew my phone as a level 36... was not disappointed" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:45 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.