Ads Top

"[Story] Dragon Scale haunts me for years"


#PokemonGO: Years, years ago when I was in primary school, I was playing Pokemon Silver and had some great time with that game. After beating Red I didn't want not to play anymore, even that there was barely anything to do now. So I instead made myself a challenge, inspired by ELITE FOUR LANCE: make a Dragon team Pokemon (Dragon types or at least Pokemon that somehow resembles Dragons).I've already had a Gyarados (the Red one, of course) and Dragonite and I wanted also Charizard, Aerodactyl, something I can't remember (maybe Tyranitar? Because there was nothing else and I wanted a strong Pokemon) and Kingdra. I managed to get everything but the last one and didn't really know what to do then. It's worth mentioning I didn't have the Internet at home back then. And none of my colleagues played the Gameboy Pokemon (they are not my colleagues anymore). So I didn't know how to make Seadra evolve into Kingdra.First, I tried to level up Seadra, but I quickly realized that's not going to work. Ultimately I found somewhere (I think it might have been serebii.net but not sure now) that Seadra requires a special item, Dragon Scale, to evolve. But the site didn't mention how to obtain it! (Or it mentioned it, but I didn't know English that well - anyway, I still didn't know how to get it) I'm not sure whether I was aware of wild Pokemon holding items, so I didn't come up with an idea that I should just catch wild Horseas/Seadras until I find one with Dragon Scale. I thought it had to be hidden somewhere.So what did I do? I walked THE WHOLE map, both Johto and Kanto, pressing A button on EVERY possible tile looking for a hidden item that would be a Dragon Scale and also talked to EVERY possible person trying to get a quest or something that would allow me to obtain the item. I could have used the itemfinder of course, but wasn't sure what's it range of detecting items - so I didn't trust it.The story doesn't end with a success, I spent a lot of time on it before eventually giving up and, as a result, haven't collected my dream dragons team. I discovered how the Dragon Scales is obtained years later and then I didn't even have the save to finish what I started.Now, fast forward to the current date. I currently have almost all the Pokemon obtainable by using an evolution item, got 18 of them in total (10 from 7 day streaks and 8 from random stops) and guess what am I missing? Oh, you bet it, the damn Dragon Scale! I've got 4 Sun Stones, 5 King's Rocks, 5 Metal Coats, 4 Up-Grades and FREAKING ZERO Dragon Scales. This game is playing some sick joke on me. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2sm58kw
"[Story] Dragon Scale haunts me for years" "[Story] Dragon Scale haunts me for years" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:51 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.