Ads Top

"Creating an Incentive for Attacking Players is Sorely Needed"


#PokemonGO: It seems like a lot of people I know are already losing interest in the Gym component of the game. The old system encouraged squatting with huge Blisseys. It took ages to take down a level ten tower of them, and was extremely unfun due to their HP. We saw stagnation in gyms because it was no longer worth anyones time to go try to take out a Blissey tower.Squatters were rewarded for literally doing nothing but occassionally monitoring their gyms and collecting 100 coins a day.The new system sounded great! Quick flipping of gyms would keep gyms from stagnating. Turns out, its not all rainbows and sunshine. There are huge problems with the current way rewards are given, and I think the main problem is the complete lack of reward for taking down gyms.Yesterday, I walked to from my office to grab some lunch. In between work and the store, I saw a Mystic gym, fully motivated, and said to myself, "Lets take this gym and hopefully, since a lot of people are on their lunch hour, it will fill up fast and we can defend it for a couple hours."So I sat on a bench and spent 20 minutes of my lunch hour solo'ing a gym filled with 2.5-2.9k Blissey, Rhydon, Gyarados, Dragonite, and two other oddballs. Spent a ton of my potion and revive reserve to do it, as I'm not 35+ like it seems all of Mystic is in this city. I successfully capped the gym, and put in my Steelix who is almost max. I thought hed be a great start for a defender on the gym.Wrong.I didnt make it 2 blocks from that gym before someone took him out, and 4 Mystic Pokemon were thrown back in there. I was awarded zero coins for 20 minutes of battling, while they collected theirs and retook the gym, in hopes of another sucker like me walking by and taking it down.This is a terrible system. Do you know what I did while I walked by that same gym today, still filled with Mystic pokemon? Nothing, and I will never bother taking that gym again. Whats the point? Four Mystic accounts clearly live/work on that gym, get the notification that their gym was taken, and retake it immediately. I get nothing out of it.So my solution is this:Taking down a defending pokemon (Feinting it): 5 coins awarded to the one who takes the "final hit". This isnt unprecedented, as the one who has the "final hit" of the final poke got priority over placing their defender in the gym previously. Keep the current defending reward (admittedly, I dont know it since it keeps changing it seems).Defending for 24 hours straight: Free raid pass.This way, teams no longer want to allow other teams to get free raid passes (which seems to be all the rave round here right now) and attackers are rewarded for any work they do, be it taking down one pokemon or all 6. It keeps the current cap, so Niantic can keep that cash flow, but also rewards the people actually interacting with gyms and encourages flipping. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2senZCD
"Creating an Incentive for Attacking Players is Sorely Needed" "Creating an Incentive for Attacking Players is Sorely Needed" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:22 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.