Ads Top

"The game is becoming less about walking"


#PokemonGO: Originally, Pokemon Go was about getting out there, exploring, and WALKING. That's what got me into the game. The rest was (and is) fun too, but the exercise is what got, and keeps, me involved.I think the gym stuff has always been at odds to that. Sure, you walk to those too (unless you're driving), but its gyms that made me stop walking, stand around (sometimes for more than half an hour), while only my fingers did the walking.And this latest gym change seems to slow me down even more. Not only for the occasional gym takeover, but waiting for the countdowns to hatch, and then waiting to see if anyone shows up to help with the higher level Tier battles.And it's not just a little blip in the exercise of the game either. I feel like this stopping, and standing, is becoming more and more a part of it. And walking, less and less.I think Niantic, if they wanted, could keep all the cool new stuff and still support the walking. The ideas people have suggested of better communicating upcoming raids would probably help there (so walkers can better plan their walks, and not be surprised by a hatch, which then leads to the long-wait).I suppose those into the Pokemon stuff, the collection, the battling, may not care. But are there other walkers out there feeling this too?(EDIT: Yes I could ignore the gyms, and just walk. But like I said, the rest is fun too. I am hoping the game can find a better balance with the gyms, so there is not as much standing around) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2u88Ij9
"The game is becoming less about walking" "The game is becoming less about walking" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:52 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.