Ads Top

"Gym battle distance checks - be within 100m"


#PokemonGO: Did a Reddit search, couldn't find this mentioned before, but actually did some research myself this week. If it's been posted, let me know.I do a lot of 'walk-by' gym battles, where I engage the gym, and then keep walking as I battle. This used to mean that I would battle about 2 defenders, before Erroring out. I noticed earlier in the week that I could now engage a gym, and battle all 6 defenders, while outside the normal gym distance, where before I would get the error.So I did some experimenting, and it seems that the game now checks whether you are within 100m of the gym between battles, and if you are, then you can keep battling.I chose 3 locations, where I used to error out before. In all 3, 0 is where the gym is. In the first image, the range from the gym is about 60m, according to Google Maps. In the second, it is about 84m at the furthest point, and the third goes all the way to 95m. Did the third gym walking the other way, and when I tried to engage the next defender at just over 100m, I got the error again.LinkNice thing about this change, is that I can now be the strange person walking around the block a couple of times, instead of just standing in one place. And with the Go+, I can spin the pokestops scattered around at the same time as battling. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2tgwZro
"Gym battle distance checks - be within 100m" "Gym battle distance checks - be within 100m" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:14 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.