Ads Top

"My little sister FINALLY beat her first Pokemon game, and it was my proudest moment as a brother."


I've been playing Pokemon since the age of five, and when a little sister appeared when I was eight, it was only a matter of time before I started brainwashing her to be a geek like me. It was tougher than I thought, however. For years we would start a Pokemon game together, from Fire Red/Leaf Green to Sun/Moon, and I would act as an extra rival throughout the game for her to beat. Sometimes she'd get close to finishing a game (She got all the way to Karen in Soul Silver), but eventually she'd lose interest, even when I begged her to just keep trying.I always wanted us to have that final 6 vs. 6 battle at the very end of our runs with both of our teams from the game. We had plenty of battles over the years using our in game teams, but never that definitive full on end game battle.About a month ago I tried to start HG/SS again, but she had no interest. I finally conceded that as much of a nerd she was for things like Harry Potter and Minecraft, that she would never like Pokemon as much as me. I just decided to play Soul Silver on my own. A few weeks later, my family went on a road trip, and when they came back, she told me she had decided to pick up X. I immediately rushed to my 3ds and started playing Y so I could catch up with her. Knowing this run could end like all of the others over the years, I made a deal with her: If she beat the champion by the time she left for England in 2 weeks, I'd take her to this chicken place she really wanted to go to.Well on Friday morning, the day her and my mom left for England, it happened. My 10 year old sister beat Diantha on her second try. I actually struggled with Diantha due to no Exp. Share and Set mode, so she beat me to it. After she beat the game, I defeated the Elite 4, and told her that since she was technically champion, I had to battle her now. I had prepared for this battle for years. I set up a bluetooth speaker and played the remix of Blue's theme from X and Y (World Championships theme). My in game team consisted of some of my favorites, with my ace being Mega Ampharos. At the end of the day, I was underleveled, and her Mega Lucario led her to a 3-0 victory. I took her for chicken and milkshakes for lunch, and while I lost the battle, I gained a true rival.TL;DR: Sister beat Pokemon X so we battled and ate chicken via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2u2hlwZ
"My little sister FINALLY beat her first Pokemon game, and it was my proudest moment as a brother." "My little sister FINALLY beat her first Pokemon game, and it was my proudest moment as a brother." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:24 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.