Ads Top

"Tyranitar duo notes"


#PokemonGO: Hi again TSR! After posting Charizard duo notes a request for my Ttar notes was also made so here it goes!So like many players I was inspired by the posting of the two Japanese players duo'ing Tyranitar. Having a healthy line up of Machamps myself and some disposable stardust for the others I immediately set out for this feat. I have done this fight successfully a couple times so I will post my first win line up and my current line up I use.Each successful raid my partner used a line up of Machamp or Heracross maxed out or nearly maxed out 1-6.First win:Machamp 2881cp - Counter/Close CombatMachamp 2848cp - Karate Chop/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2841cp - Counter/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2837cp - Counter/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2450cp - Karate Chop/Close CombatVaporeon 3112cp - Water Gun/Hydro PumpNotes on this line up: At the time I didn't have 6 viable Machamp for the match up and I had a lesser understanding of how to spread my resources around equally for my line up for maximum mileage in my squad. Luckily I already had 2 maxed Machamp from before raids being released and another partially powered up to be Blissey killers.The main thing about this line up is you need to really bring the damage with the Machamps cause there is a DPS drop off when Vaporeon is in. Vaporeon allows you to tank a little longer and stave off death at the end. It's a risky trade off, but it got us there with 3 seconds to spare.Current winning line up:Machamp 2848cp - Karate Chop/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2841cp - Counter/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2837cp - Counter/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2881cp - Counter/Close CombatMachamp 2456cp - Counter/Dynamic PunchMachamp 2703cp - Karate Chop/Close CombatCurrently I roll with 6 Machamps and find it much easier to make dps this way. You do have to be aware of health though as dodging will likely come into play at some point during the match. I order my pokemon in the order I expect them to do DPS, so the other major thing to note is the CC machamps pushed further back in the line up. I also prefer it that way in regards to tactical dodging on this fight.Vs. CrunchThis is the match up I have had the most success with, but it has some tricky aspects to it. Ttar will Crunch more times than you can tank crunch so you will need to dodge some. I estimate 3-4 per battle but your mileage may vary. The plus side is lots of specials means lots of extra charge bar and you can really exploit that on this fight.Be aware though, Crunch doesn't telegraph much and can often look like a normal attack. When learning the fight I dodged in bad spots thinking I was dodging a crunch only to get crunched... disaster! Once you get the timing though it is easily to profitably dodge against crunch ttar.Vs. Stone EdgeThis is the other match up I find easy to make DPS in. Like crunch Stone Edge doesn't telegraph much so watching carefully for pauses in combat is important to dodge. With Stone Edge you likely only need 1-2 dodge to make it to the end with your 6th Machamp. I've found dps easier to make on Stone edge but because it does more damage than crunch you will get more deaths you didn't intend for. For this reason making your dodges you choose to do is crucial.Vs. Fire BlastThis is the worst match up. On paper it should be the best, Fire Blast has a major telegraphed animation that is easy to dodge and it isn't even the most powerful ttar attack. The issue crops up on the "death loop" bug, where you dodge and your poke shows as dead anyways. I haven't found a way around it on this fight and although I have made DPS before it's generally when I run out of pokes at the end. To make matters more difficult your partner is also susceptible to this so you have double the chances of something going wrong.If you do attempt Ttar duo I suggest saving dodges until your last 3 pokes. This is risky cause you will be way behind pace in terms of making it to the end with all 6 Machamp alive, but you can't afford a death loop on pokes 1-3. This match up also influenced me to start my strongest CC Machamp in the 4 slot, for a profitable dodge DPS burst. If you can avoid the death loop and get the needed 2-3 dodges on Fire Blasts in this fight is no more challenging than any of the others, just things to break right.In the end if you can balance out the minimal dodging needed with solid DPS through out your line up you have a shot at Ttar duo. If you are close but not quite there look for situations where you can dodge to get extra charge moves off. If all goes well you should be able to win the fight with somewhere between 2-10 seconds. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2t4Oy9K
"Tyranitar duo notes" "Tyranitar duo notes" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.