Ads Top

"What generations do you define as 'Classic Pokemon'?"


I've been thinking about this question for a little while, and was curious how other people feel about it.I think the majority of people, from newcomers to 'genwunners', can agree that new Pokemon have a different feel to them than Pokemon from when they started with the games. So I was curious where that change happens for people, and why it feels that way for themIn my case, I consider Generations 1 to 4 to be the 'Classic' era of Pokemon. One reason I have for this is the obvious; I started playing Pokemon between Generations 3 and 4. But I do feel that there are other factors that create a shift in tone between Generations 4 & 5.The regions for the first four games are all set in parts of Japan, while Unova and regions beyond are all set in places around the world, marking a recognition of global audiencesGeneration 5 added a large number of Pokemon, and the original Black & White were devoid of Pokemon from previous Generations until the post-game, marketed as a sort of 'reboot' to the series at the time if I remember correctlyGeneration 5 was the first Generation to break the tradition of having two games followed by a third game that had been established by Generations 2 to 4, with it's sequel games, Black 2 & White 2[EDIT LATER BECAUSE I REMEMBERED IT] Generation 4 has the Alpha Pokemon Arceus to cap off the end of the 'Classic Era', while Generation 5 has Victini to cap off the beginning of the 'Modern Era'. (Also that's the only instance of a front-cap occurring)I hope people get what I'm trying to say here, and that I'm not trying to start any arguments over 'superior gens' or whatever (My favourite Pokemon span all seven Generations). I'm curious as to your thoughts on what Pokemon qualify as 'nostalgic' to you, and what reasons you might have for that stance. Happy discussing! :) via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2vqFc94
"What generations do you define as 'Classic Pokemon'?" "What generations do you define as 'Classic Pokemon'?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:14 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.