Ads Top

"A Warning/Story for Other Go Players"


#PokemonGO: This is my first post ever to Reddit and will probably be my most important. Today after a raid walking home in the Metro-Detroit area, I was almost assaulted. First some context (I just turned 18 btw it's important later) , I actively play Pokémon Go with two people. A deaf boy (13) I've watched and been basically a brother to for almost 6 years. And my friend Brendan (17) who I hang out with all the time. We walk all over my little town almost 6 hours a day, everyday. Usually we do a raid, and just walk laps to hatch eggs and catch stuff. Trying to be a mentor to the deaf boy (Who's name is Stewart) I tell him what to do all the time. Don't open people's mail boxes, don't spit in yards or on cars, etc. Well today after a Raikou raid I was being followed home by 5 kids on bikes who were at the raid making fun of the players (I only knew one of them). A man crossed the street and asked "Are you a pedophile?". First a profile of me, I am not creepy looking. I'm a 6'2" well built male football type, the definition of a basic Army Brat. Thinking he's joking I reply "Oh hell no" and laugh a bit. He then points to the bikers and says "Well look at all these kids you've gotta be some sort of pedophile". Because the kids were rude earlier I laughed and replied "oh they're just asses I don't know". He then says "Oh they're asses?", it's at this point he starts yelling at me and I turn to face him. He asks why I'm walking around with kids, and I explain I help out a deaf boy and that I'm not with the others. He then says to "Come here bitch" I ask why (I hate fights, and never like to resort to violence. Even if I'm good at it). He then approaches me and in my face begins to scream about beating me for being a sicko, and always telling kids what to do when I walk by, I put my hands up and said "I'm not doing this" and walked away. I tell my discord (there were 5 adults at the raid still catching raikou about a block away and could respond faster than police). After I got home it hit me like bricks and I cried for the first time in forever. I filed a police report as this was down the street from where I live, and I won't walk that street anymore. I suspect he was on drugs because any sane person would have heard me and left me alone. I can't say watch for suspicious people, or don't walk around your town. What I can say is be careful and always walk with a friend or two, and always be aware of your surroundings. Be safe, be smart, and good luck catching all the legendary dogs. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2xGueOC
"A Warning/Story for Other Go Players" "A Warning/Story for Other Go Players" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:24 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.