Ads Top

"As a Rural player, Pokémon GO has almost completely demoralized me."


#PokemonGO: First, some things.I live in a small Alabama town- the kind where there's a gas station every half mile, and THE place to hangout is a McDonald's. I am the sole admin on our town's PoGO Facebook page, and TOTAL, we have about 25 players. We have 11 Poke Stops and 5 Gyms.As much as I love the Raid mechanic, and do believe it is something the game desperately needed, they are so frustrating I can barely stand it.Whenever a Raid pops, I do my best to get people organized and together on the page, but when your player base is so small, there's no room for error, and most of the time, schedules just don't line up.From Articuno to Moltres to Zapdos to Lugia, it hardly ever happened. Just couldn't get enough people for a solid attempt. We did beat Articuno once, and I was luckily able to snag him. Moltres was quite a bit easier, and we were able to take him down a few times with less people, but we never beat Zapdos. And we never even tried Lugia. Then Raikou happened. And after discovering how fairly easy he is, we manage to beat two today.However, the last 5 Raids we beat were 3 Moltres and the 2 Raikou. And I didn't catch a single one. In fact, usually just one person of the group manages to catch. Now, I'm not saying that it's unfair- obviously you need to catch it- but it just...sucks. To have to organize the limited people you have, and hope all of you synch up for once, to meet up at a Raid, and to barely beat it with just a few seconds left, ONLY to be unable to catch it the last FIVE times in a row.It's honestly heartbreaking. And it makes me want to just quit trying.Raids are fun! And a delightful edition to the game experience, don't get me wrong. But I just can't help but feel like me, and other Rural players, have been given the shaft on this.I'm not complaining. I'm not even sad- just discouraged. And I just wanted to share my story. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2xIbYV4
"As a Rural player, Pokémon GO has almost completely demoralized me." "As a Rural player, Pokémon GO has almost completely demoralized me." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.