Ads Top

"Just soloed C/FB Alakazam with level 31 mons, very stoked!"


#PokemonGO: If any of you have been following my posts, you know that I've been spending a lot of time trying to solo all the tier 3 raid bosses without blowing too much stardust. That means using the best attackers / movesets, but usually not powering them up past level 31, as the stardust costs start shooting up.I finally got together a good enough team, where I was able to solo shadow ball Alakazam, but Focus blast always obliterated me, until now.I literally JUST beat a C/FB Alakazam with about 3 seconds left on the clock. Here's my team and strategy:Gengar SC/SB CP 2250 Lvl 31.5 14/15/10 87%Gengar SP/SB CP 2183 Lvl 30.5 10/9/15 76%Tyranitar B/C CP 3200 Lvl 31.5 13/15/15 96%Tyranitar B/C CP 3196 Lvl 31.5 15/11/15 91%Tyranitar B/C CP 3147 Lvl 31 15/12/11 84%Houndoom Sn/FP (not used)I won on my 3rd attempt. My Gengars were killed off pretty quickly by Confusion, but I'd like to believe the 3 or 4 Shadow Balls they got off pretty quickly helped me get a head start and allowed me to win.My Tyranitars dodged every Focus Blast. I tried to delay dodging for a couple of seconds as Focus Blast has a late dodge window and I knew I'd need every Bite my TTars could deliver.I won with about 3 seconds left, when my 3rd TTar had a sliver of health left. Didn't need my 6th attacker.To be honest I didn't think C/FB Alakazam was beatable by my team, and I think I got lucky at the end because Alazakam went a few extra seconds before firing its last FB.I think I could have done even better by putting one of my TTar's first, since my first Gengar ate two confusions right out of the bat which didn't help matters any.So there you go. I thought I'd share this because all of the C/FB solo's that I've seen were with much higher level attackers, or with multiple legacy Gengars (I used one legacy Gengar).Good luck everyone! My next challenge is to repeat this feat. :) I'll probably evolve one more Gengar first from the halloween event catches and use 3 of them, and try dodging a confusion with my Gengars to get an extra Shadow ball off.Let us know if you managed to face this "Beast" of a raid boss, and how you fared via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2ye7sSk
"Just soloed C/FB Alakazam with level 31 mons, very stoked!" "Just soloed C/FB Alakazam with level 31 mons, very stoked!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.