Ads Top

":( Tonight I was called a racial slur for taking over gyms"


#PokemonGO: So it has a sort of happy ending at least, but I’m still pretty upset.There was a post earlier today by someone with whom I completely agree saying that there should be absolutely no obligation to letting other people’s Pokémon stay in gyms.There are two gyms near my apartment that I often walk to just after midnight. I take them down, put my stuff in, and head home.Usually I wake up the next morning to my 50 coins for the day already, but sometimes I find that my Pokémon were kicked out around 1 or 1:30 a.m.Anyway, I am off work this week so instead of heading home after taking the gyms I have been going to a nearby bar for a drink or two. Twice I’ve been sitting there with a beer and seen the gyms get taken back.The first time, I took the gyms on my way back home and woke up to my coins in the morning. Last night I took the gyms for the second time on my way home again, but upon reaching my apartment I noticed that they were being attacked again.So since I had nothing to do the next morning, I turned around and headed back. By the time I got there, no one was there but it was the same person again who had taken them. I took them back and went home.Today, I was at a raid with about 14 people. Upon entering the lobby, a woman shouts out asking “Who is (my username)?” I respond and she asks me why I keep killing her gyms. I explain that I just want my coins and she tells me I’ve been being an asshole. I sort of shrug her off and just say that’s how the game works.That’s when she calls me a dirty “fing ch” (rhymes with rink). I am Asian btw.Anyway, her boyfriend is there with her and tries to act tough but thankfully everyone else there made sure the situation didn’t escalate. To make things better, they then all said to quit the lobby, made a private group, and wouldn’t tell them the code to join.Honestly I got a little choked up - not at the insult or racism - but at the reaction of everyone else. It feels good when you realize that while there are shit people in the world, a majority of people are good.Tl;dr got called a racial slur for taking gyms from someone, others in raid reacted by excluding the racists. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2y06x4w
":( Tonight I was called a racial slur for taking over gyms" ":( Tonight I was called a racial slur for taking over gyms" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:44 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.