Ads Top

"Confused about privacy on android"


#PokemonGO: Apparently there is some kind of system in place now where Pokemon GO can check what other apps are running on your phone and block access if it detects botting/spoofing apps. Now I'm personally fine with this, and if I had been prompted to grant extra permissions to the POGO app so that it could see other apps running as a condition of playing, I probably would have done so. The thing that confuses me is that I never got such a prompt. And if I go to the "Usage Access" permissions list, the only ones on there are Google apps like Play Store and Play Services, not Pokemon GO. So how is it getting information about other apps? In particular, as I said I don't really care if POGO does this, but do I need to worry that any app I download can, at any time, see a list of my usage of any other app, even if I haven't granted this permission? Thanks for any insight people have! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2Aeng7S
"Confused about privacy on android" "Confused about privacy on android" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.