Ads Top

"Data showing drop rates for the last week, using a bigger sample size"


#PokemonGO: This is a follow up to the quick analysis thread that /u/anipm87 posted a few days ago. I started collecting data 11/08/17, so it's a little bit beyond the starting date of /u/anipm87's collection. I'm not positive when the change started, but I've been having trouble getting potions for the longest time. Hopefully this data shows exactly why.Some caveats:I don't have gold gyms, so these were mostly silver gyms (not always same team color). I read somewhere that gold gyms drop more heal items, so maybe that's why my data looks the way it looks.PoGo doesn't seem to let you see item drops from the previous days, so I think I may have missed a few stops/gyms that I forgot to write down because I checked past midnight. This should cover at least 95% of the gyms/stops I spun though.I usually have work/school, so the number of stops/gyms might not be as much as some of what you guys usually see, but this has been collected over a week, so hopefully it's a large enough sample size.I like to be granular, so I separated by berry/heal item type. I didn't, however, separate by whether or not the gym was silver or not, or it was my team or not. Not sure if that has any impact on the data.Onto the data!Gym drops (197 gyms)ItemTotalPercentagePotion11912.92%Super Potion181.95%Hyper Potion202.17%Max Potion101.09%Revive10211.07%Max Revive80.86%Razz berry586.30%Nanab berry10411.29%Pinapp berry394.23%Pokeball36739.84%Great ball606.51%Ultra ball161.74%Total921100%Pokestop drops (243 stops)ItemTotalPercentagePotion141.78%Super Potion30.38%Hyper Potion20.25%Max Potion00.00%Revive131.65%Max Revive00.00%Razz berry8010.15%Nanab berry415.20%Pinapp berry475.96%Pokeball42153.43%Great ball12916.37%Ultra ball384.82%Total788100%What does this all mean?If you love the grind and am constantly catching mons, these rates are amazing! A little over 75% of drops from Pokestops will be Pokeballs of some variation, and a little less than 50% of drops from Pokestops will also be Pokeballs of some variation. As long as you're not stuck near gyms most of the time, you should have a solid solid stock of Pokeballs to keep up the grind.If you're looking to fight gyms though... life is going to suck. You're looking at abysmal heal item drops from Pokestops, and okay-ish rates from the gyms (~30%). Looking at the numbers this way reveals an even bigger problem: the number or revives almost match the number of REGULAR potions. When you're higher level and if you powered up your mons as well, you are not going to have a good time.So these kinds of rates are very skewed towards players who are catching as many Pokemon as possible, either manually or via Go++/Go-tcha. I'm not saying that's bad: I know a lot of players here prefer that. But not every player is the same, and some of us like beating gyms, getting silvers/golds, etc. It's kind of fun, and gives a purpose to collecting dust and powering up our mons. Sadly, with these kinds of drop rates, that kind of play style simply isn't sustainable.People have noticed the changes in drop rates several times now, and I'm not sure what the endgame from Niantic is here. Push people away from gym battles? Who knows. For now, I just wanted to add some more data and supplement some of the work that others have done already. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2mv9lEu
"Data showing drop rates for the last week, using a bigger sample size" "Data showing drop rates for the last week, using a bigger sample size" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.