Ads Top

"How Pokémon GO saved me [discussion]"


#PokemonGO: I'm not sure if anyone cares but I was thinking the other day that it's been nearly 2 years since I started playing Pokemon Go.June 2016 - I'd separated from my wife and young son. I was living in someone's basement and commuting to work in a daze, trying to make sense of my life and work out where to go next. I was at a low point and feeling incredibly lonely and isolated.Then Pokemon GO came out - in July I think? I started playing it whenever I had custody of my son, and on my walk to work. Whenever I felt bad thoughts starting to intrude, I would open up the game.It was buggy as hell, and crashed more times than it worked, but it got better over time - and so did I.I'm now back with my family, we have a baby daughter, and I still play Pokemon GO and return home in the evenings to show my son my new catches and evolutions.The game did so much for my mental health when things were hard, and still does from time to time when I need a break. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2KtyLu3
"How Pokémon GO saved me [discussion]" "How Pokémon GO saved me [discussion]" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 20:19 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.