Ads Top

"Upcoming Community Day contemplations"


#PokemonGO: I’m a relatively new player (started in July) and I have very little opportunity to run raids, so I don’t have any legendaries that weren’t part of a research reward (Entei, Raikou, Suicune). So with the upcoming Community Day, like many others, I’m trying to prepare.I know I need Pokéballs and Pinap berries galore, which I do. I have the star pieces and lucky eggs and lures that I’m going to have, and I plan to increase my storage.What I’m trying to figure out is which CD Mons I need to focus on. I’m more worried about utility than shiny as well (though I won’t by any means be ignoring that aspect).What I’m hoping is maybe to get a dialogue going here about what we should be looking out for, especially for the newer players like myself who want to get a boost on good attackers.Pikachu: Non-meta relevant, I’ll be skipping this guy other than the obligatory shiny checks.Dratini: From what I’ve read, it’s best moves are non-legacy moves. So my plan is to catch for candy and shiny check (I don’t have a shiny for this yet so that more so than Pikachu).Bulbasaur: This one I’m not sure on. I’ve heard that Frenzy Plant makes Venusaur one of the best grass attackers in the game, but I read somewhere that there are easier to find better grass types. Depending on the consensus, I might catch to evolve or I might just shiny-check.Mareep: Shiny check, I already have a 100% Mareep and 100% Ampharos, so I might catch them in hopes of finding that 100% to evolve into Flaafy. Also, with its weakness being its moveset, it might be a good idea to catch for candy in the chance it gets better moves down the line.Charmander: This is one I’m on the fence about the most. From what I hear, it’s legacy move makes Charizard arguably the third best fire attacker. With the other two being Moltres and Entei, it might be a good idea to catch to evolve. I don’t have any Moltres, and while I have 4 Entei, 3 need charge TMs and the 4th needs a fast TM (the matter of which I have a few waiting to be used). I might catch to evolve at least a few and focus on the rest as well as TMing and powering up my Enteis. I also need a shiny.Larvitar: Now this seems to be the big dog of CD. I currently have 1 TTar (Bite/Crunch), and I know his legacy move gives it Smack Down, making it the 2nd(?) best rock attacker in the game. So I figure catch for evolve up to 6, then catch for candy so I can get ready to evolve later for more B/C. I already have a shiny, but I’ll be tapping everyone I see anyway. (I know he’s probably going to be the hardest to find and I’ll get disappointed and only be able to evolve 1 or 2, so I’m already mentally preparing myself for disappointment).Squirtle: Shiny check.Eevee: I already have several IV checked and starred waiting for new Eeveelutions, plus a few shiny as well waiting. I’ll probably skip this guy mostly.Chikorita: Shiny check.Beldum: This guy is another important one. I only have 2 MM, so I plan to catch as many as I can and hopefully evolve 4 more for a full deck. (Again, preparing for disappointment).Cyndaquil: I already have a couple shiny, plus I have a couple evolved (1 shiny 1 normal). Probably skip this guy. Maaaaybe catch and evolve a few for the chance at a better fast move to TM into later.So there’s my rundown. Hopefully those with better knowledge than me can tell me where I’m wrong and where I have good ideas. Any input is appreciated. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2QhtQSE
"Upcoming Community Day contemplations" "Upcoming Community Day contemplations" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.