Ads Top

"Why are raids so rare?"


#PokemonGO: During Gengar day I was surprised to learn that I had 82 raid tickets. Like a lot of people, I purchased boxes that had them, but didn't notice that I had amassed so many.Yesterday I used my free pass from Friday and Saturday because I found a Mawile and Buizel raid, but between last Sunday and today I will have done 3 raids, meaning I will have wasted 4 free raid passes and my one from today will rollover to tomorrow.Why? Well, from my home there are 12 gyms visible at 3:00 pm local time and just one of them has a raid that hasn't started yet. Between home, school, and the journey between I have 67 gyms, and yet I often have days where I simply do not encounter a raid that is either worth doing or that people will gather for. I know raid stagnation varies, but I simply can't understand why raids overall are as rare as they are.Raid times are like a store, Niantic's store for selling raid passes. Like any store, they are open for a set amount of hours before closing. Imagine going into Wal-Mart let's say, during operating hours, and finding that the shoe section isn't open, or the electronics section, or the produce section. Now imagine that only a small fraction of sections are ever open at any given time, and that that time is very brief and totally at random. It would be a pretty miserable shopping experience.I am using this analogy because many things relating to this game seem to pertain to the effect it has on Niantic's bottom line, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Niantic would limit both the time for raids (many Wal-Marts are open 24 hours) as well as how available they are.Having 11 gyms not be open for business at 3 pm on a Sunday, or walking to the heart of downtown and having 0 raids on my nearby, is simply bad business and should not be as common as it is.Niantic, I have no problem giving you my money, but I need something to spend it on. via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2QAVHdB
"Why are raids so rare?" "Why are raids so rare?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.