Ads Top

"A big thanks to PG, making my high risk pregnancy a little less high risk."


#PokemonGO: I’ll try to keep my story short, but I’m usually very wordy so sorry for that in advance. TL;DR at the bottom.In august 2017 I had a son. I had a difficult pregnancy (pre-eclampsia, needed to be induced, held a lot of liquids which hurt like hell) in the months after that I tried to continue my studies, I exclusively pumped and had this little baby that half the time I wished wasn’t there. I had PPD and after dropping out I pretty much stopped leaving the house for anything that wasn’t really necessary. I gained a lot of weight due to this. Like a lot a lot. I was as heavy as I was at 40 weeks prregnant.I got pregnant again and lost the baby very soon afterwards. My PPD had gotten better and I was going to the gym and just leaving my house again. But I really don’t like going outside without something to do. So I didn’tBut my son had another plan. He loved going outside. With his only activity being “looking around”. In the summer our now one year old went on a walk with his dad every day (he downloaded PG at this time). At this point I was pregnant again (succesfull this time) and going to the gym became a less frequent thing I did. I was still overweight.Dad his vacation ended and my son crawled to the door every morning wanting to go outside. So I downloaded Pokémon Go to have something to do.Boy did I love that. I soon dropped of my kid at daycare and went out to do some raids. I am 37 weeks pregnant right now and due to Pokemon Go I’ve not gained any weight at all. I’m at most one kilo heavier then I was at the start, it depends a little bit on the day, but almost always the difference is non excistent. And the baby alone is 3 kilo already, the embiotic fluid weighs something too, there is more blood in my body and my feet are slightly bloated so I am containing fluids right now.I’ll lose a lot of weight the moment I give birth. And I credit PG for all of it. I’m currently at the point where I don’t really care anymore and the next PG community day will probably be me camping out somewhere instead of walking like crazy, but by then I’m 38 weeks and ready to explode, so who can blame me.Pokemon Go made walking around fun for me. My son loves it and although he’s now less happy with the stroller, I have discovered lots of playgrounds nearby that have multiple pokestops.I’m fat, uncomfortable, putting on my shoes takes forever and even my pregnancy bras are getting uncomfortable. Pokemon Go is a big reason of why I go outside even when I couldd easily stay in. The raid community where I live is a big part of that.TL;DR I’m severly overweight and due to that have a high risk pregnancy. Pokemon Go made me go outside each day and walk around, which resulted in no weight gain during the pregnancy at all. I’m so close to the end of my pregnancy and I still want to go out each day to at least get a stamp and do a few things. via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2Rfi64D
"A big thanks to PG, making my high risk pregnancy a little less high risk." "A big thanks to PG, making my high risk pregnancy a little less high risk." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:11 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.