Ads Top

"Multi-accounting has lead to two problems in my community, looking for feedback from others"


#PokemonGO: Disclaimer: I am not trying to complain and rant. Overall, I've enjoyed getting back into the game but there are two relatively big issues that I've experienced that in my community, have significantly worsened from back when I used to play and I would like to get other people's feedback on these matters. Mainly if anybody else has experienced similar issues, how they addressed it and eventually how they solved these issues.Having sort of gotten back into the game for the past 2 weeks, I've noticed that multi-accounting (at least in my area) has gotten significantly worse, and lead to at least 2 big issues that I find have a very big detrimental effect on the overall gameplay and the community as a whole. If anybody has been successful in addressing these issues in their own communities, I'd like to hear from you and how you dealt with this to improve your community.Issue 1: Multi-accounting gives you a significant advantage controlling gyms and acquiring coinsThis is an issue that I think a lot of people here can probably recognize from their own gameplay, especially if you live in a less populated area where gyms are sparse. In my neighborhood I have only a few gyms and there are a few other players around here. One person however is consistently inside many of the gyms. It does not appear they really care about the daily 50 coins, possibly since they prefer just buying the coins directly. I have seen with my own eyes that this person controls all 6 accounts that are in the gym and they defend the gym heavily. At any time during roughly 9 am until 1 am, they will defend the gym with golden razzberries. Sometimes you're lucky and are able to knock out the first pokemon before they realize, but I've yet been able to get further than this unless it's after 1 am when they've gone to sleep.At one point I tried to keep battling the gym to see if they would give up. I stood there for one hour, battling this Blissey. The person fed the Blissey a golden razzberry after every 2nd fight and as soon as they reached the maximum of 10 berries, they would move on to a different account and continue feeding berries. After 30 minutes, they are able to feed more berries with their first account, and they can pretty much continue indefinitely.After an hour, I had to recognize that I had spent 100 of my 150 max potions and the majority of my revives that I started off with. It's simply impossible to keep up with just one account unless there is a different strategy to use.Issue 2: Raiding has become a solo gameBecause of multi-accounting, people no longer have to rely on others to raid. With 4+ accounts, they can complete any raid bosses without asking for help. The Facebook and Telegram group that used to have people asking for assistance a few times every day is now completely dead. Nobody sets up raids anymore since most just go to the raids with their multiple accounts and deal with it that way instead.I can see the advantage in this. You don't have to rely on others. You decide when to arrive and you don't have to worry about other's technical problems. The downside is that people like me with 1 account are now unable to complete a legendary raid or a bunch of the tier 4 raid. I've tried asking several times for the past 2 weeks if anybody could make it to a certain raid and never gotten a response. Curious, I tried going to a legendary raid to see if people were just completely uninterested in them, and I saw one person with several phones completing the raid. So I'm assuming people do raid frequently, they just don't care about doing it in groups anymore since they are able to do it alone. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2D6x7wJ
"Multi-accounting has lead to two problems in my community, looking for feedback from others" "Multi-accounting has lead to two problems in my community, looking for feedback from others" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:24 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.