Ads Top

"Niantic's Big 2019 Plans Should Be a UI Overhaul"


#PokemonGO: IMO, the UI needs to be changed. Everything is pieced together with the introduction of a new feature that things feel clunky. Information changes location depending on what you're looking at; some actions are accomplished by buttons, others by menuing, and others still by either; there's several different menu formats (pokeball to 4 main features; news to your defender returns; trainer profile to friends and defenders) and approaches to accomplishing the same thing (healing for example or remote-accessing your defenders).Even adding a friend is confusing, as you can't show your friend code without acting like you're trying to add someone else. And if you want your QR code, you have to tap on either a small generic QR code symbol by your numeric trainer code, or swipe over to QR code, activating the camera, and then pressing "MY QR CODE".Another example of confusing features is inviting a friend to an EX raid: I would think I could do that from the Friend profile screen, and click on a button for "Invite to EX raid", but instead I have to open up my EX Invite in my inventory to invite someone and then select them.It would be really nice for the game now with its core features added to have a UI consolidation. These are my big four issues with the current UI:1) PVP battles/AI battles. You go to the Nearby page to battle the AI. You go to the Nearby page to battle non-ultra friends. But the nearby doesn't feature a trade menu, when you're actually required to be nearby for all trades? It's inconsistent to me. I should be able to challenge all my friends in the same manner, even with the restrictions.2) Healing via search. While search filter memory was a feature for a little bit, I'd enjoy it when doing healing on Pokemon to spend the plentiful Super/Potions. When I just need to top off a defender with another ≤20 HP, I don't want to spend Super Potions, but rather just Potions. But doing so requires either I'm going slowly one mon at a time in my storage, or have to back out to my item list to change items. There could be a button at the top of the search list to change what item I'm using.3) Information being scattered down different menus off the main screen. You have the Pokeball icon that brings you to Shop/Inventory/Pokedex/Storage; you have the trainer icon that goes to Buddy/Journal/Style/Eggs/Friends/Recent Gyms. Weather serves more as an indicator, but it does provide information about what the symbol means if you're unfamiliar and hides the option to report inaccurate weather. Research is another menu, although it kind of does well on its own. And then the Nearby is featuring not just nearby Pokemon, but for half the day, nearby raids, and now the AI/non-UF Trainer Battles.4) Red-bar errors. They block the screen and can't be dismissed. Yes, I know, I don't have a GPS signal found because I live in a metal building. I just want to scan some of my Pokemon with Calcy IV please.Bonus: Something people want, although it's hard to just tack it onto the current UI, is a way to know what attacks your Pokemon has when you're compiling your parties! If the UI is overhauled to offer different viewing options for Pokemon storage like "Tile" and "Detail" (one-per-row) views, I think players could get a lot of use from that. Detail featuring Type(s), Attack/Types/Bars, and current HP/total HP.Bonus Bonus: Now that I remember, the fact that attacks have different stats depending on Gym/Raid and PvP modes are another reason to get an overhaul of the UI. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2s9QbnG
"Niantic's Big 2019 Plans Should Be a UI Overhaul" "Niantic's Big 2019 Plans Should Be a UI Overhaul" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.